UA-22135472-1

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wallpaper Wonders

When I was a teenager we moved to a big, beautiful home and probably the only thing I can say that I didn't like about that home was that there was wallpaper.  I hated wallpaper as a teenager, young adult and all the way up until about 2 years ago.

Wallpaper has made a serious resurgence and I have come to love it.  There is a BUT that goes along with this statement though.  We are now more restrained with the paper than they (read: my mother) were in the 80's.  Back then we did our entire homes in wallpaper  but this time, not so much.

If you have a room that has an obvious feature wall, that could be a place for it.  A small powder room is great or maybe a dining room that is panelled on the bottom third.

If you're still not sure, I'll break paper down to categories and maybe you'll find you could actually be daring enough to try one out.  If you do, I want photos!

Nature Inspired = Perfect for small or windowless spaces





Photos: 1. Nono 2., 3. & 4. Ferm Living

Bold & Bright = For the daring and adventurous






Photos:  1. Nono, 2.,3 & 4. Nommo

Serene = Easy to live with for the colour phobic











4 comments:

  1. really good advice! LOVE the dining room paper...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You showcased some exceptional wallpapers! Makes me want to go wallpaper something, asap.
    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could use wallpaper in my place, but I'm pretty sure my landlords would kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these examples! So beautiful.

    Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs