UA-22135472-1

Monday, June 21, 2010

Tea Towels

D


id you ever stop to think about the tea towels you use or are they simply utilitarian in your home?  I have to be honest and say that the only time I have ever paid any attention to my tea towels was immediately after our kitchen renovation when everything was perfectly styled for about 2 weeks.  Once I moved on to a different room in the house the perfectly styled kitchen went back to it's previous "lived in" look.  


Recently I discovered this funky little online shop called ToDryFor that sells beautiful tea towels and they have seriously got me rethinking those shabby rags in my kitchen.  Check them out to see the entire collection but here I've brought you a little sampling of what great items they have in their store.  I am now hanging my head in shame and getting ready to replace the old with some bright and cheery new towels.  
Food Inspired Towels to brighten up your work area in the kitchen.  You don't even need to enjoy cooking with these fun towels around.












Whimsical towels could be a fantastic hostess gift. Fill a basket with home baked muffins and a great tea towel for an enviable housewarming gift.
Want to add a little French flair to your kitchen...voila!!


If you'd rather be reading than cooking, here's the one for you.  Maybe these tea towels are too nice to actually use in the kitchen.  What about framing one (or a collection)...could be fun!



Get your own record of mid century chairs.  These two are calling my name, don't you think?



9 comments:

  1. those first designs remind me of when my great grandma would embroider flour cloths with fruits and veggies to use to dry dishes. she'd then give them away as gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cute! I love the book ones! I agree, shabby tea towels in an otherwise cute kitchen are a downer, these are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean! I hate my dowdy rags!

    I do have a really nice one from our honeymoon and I freak out when it gets any possible stains. For awhile my husband thought that when he would dry off a knife he should shove the knife through the cloth...he knows better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love these dish towels! I have been looking for some fun ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told mu hubby when we build our new home I want a HUGE drawer for dish towels! I just love them! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! haha! Yes! My boys know too when mommas mad -she is mad!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't give my tea towels a thought, until I received a fabulous set from a girlfriend. Very much like the one's yuo picutred. Now I'm obsessed with them")

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these towels are just little art pieces. I just love this kind of homewear. I'm also a big fan of Ferm Living when it comes to tea towels.

    XO

    Lise M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Virginia Wolf one...yeah, I am totally gonna need that~too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love a good tea towel. my favorite is the 'allo allo.'
    i'm with you on preferring to read rather than cook (it's my night to cook too, drats).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs