UA-22135472-1

Friday, January 28, 2011

Spray Paint Project

My most recent thrift store acquisition is a beauty and I had to share the before photos of this one.  This pair of fantastic candelabra were towering over everything else and looked behemoth and scary. I wasn't 100% sure about the purchase but once I got them home I knew they would be perfect.  They each hold 30 tea light candles so there is the danger that once lit, someone will think we've set our deck on fire.  They are very difficult to photograph since they are so open so I had to resort to outdoor shots where there was not furniture competing with them.






They are going to be spray painted next week and they will reside on the deck for fantastic candlelit evenings of wine and merriment.  So now it's time to decide on the colour.  Last year we purchased a new umbrella for our very neutral outdoor table and chairs in a beautiful turquoise (I promise to stop talking about turquoise soon).  I am on a search for new lounge chairs and sofa and they will all be accessorized with turquoise and red.  So the question is, do these guys get a red or a turquoise coat of paint?  Oh and did I say they were $5.99 each:)




This weekend I'm crossing the border and heading to one of the Seattle Outlet malls with a friend and our 9 and 11-year-old daughters.  We're giddy with excitement for our girls weekend and hope to score some great bargains along the way.




So tell me what you're up to.  Have a great weekend,
Carol

2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how amazing those will be when they're full of lit candles! It will be fun to see them painted.

    Have a good weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a tough one. I would paint them red, because I love red! They will look amazing!

    Have fun shopping at the Outlets. Don't forget to hit Restoration Hardware's outlet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs