UA-22135472-1

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Beginnings

Surprised to see me back after such a long time away?  I wish I could tell you that I've spent the last 6 months travelling the world.  Possibly adrift at sea on a fabulously splendid yacht with good books, good friends and good wine.
The truth is that I've been here all along but busy in contemplation of my next move.  I have been addicted to blogs for some time now and while writing this one and continuing to browse and peruse the sea of "others" I realized that what was missing from The Design Pages was a unique voice.  There is very little in the design world that doesn't intrigue me but writing about it is a little tricky.  Blogs take a lot of effort and time and I felt a bit confused about the direction of this one.  So I took a break.
During that time I set to work doing what I love...creating.  I have crafted, sewed, scavenged and spray painted an assortment of lovelies for my own home and those of various clients.  I started to miss blogging and then it hit me.  This is my voice and this is really what I am yearning to share with you.
This revelation has taken a toll on my design business as well.  After 12 years of designing beautiful and expensive interiors I have also realized that my passion for design lies in creating one-of-a-kind interiors that reflect the homeowners and not the current trends.
Join me again and learn how to create a fabulous and unique home without spending a lot of money in the process.
Here is a small glimpse of the projects I will reveal in the next couple of weeks.  I will include step-by-step instructions to all the diy projects so you can be just like me!!
Our family vacationed on Vancouver Island this summer.  We found these gorgeous sand dollars on a beach in Qualicum Beach and I knew these would become a masterpiece to remember our time.  

I spotted this little beauty at the side of the road near my son's school.  I was in my car and couldn't check it out.  When I mentioned it to my son he said, "it's just garbage.  It's all scratched and dented."  Cue the hubby.  He retrieved it from the side of the road and it is now a gorgeous desk in my daughter's room.  Think Tiffany blue.

Since we don't have a closet in our front entrance I wanted a dresser with lots of drawers that could house a variety of unsightly messes.  This baby was at Salvation Army for $40.  It's solid wood and made by a now defunct division of Montreal furniture manufacturer Shermag .  Some blue gray paint, new hardware and new feet and this is functional and beautiful in our front hallway.

I'm glad to be back at The Design Pages and I hope you enjoy all the posts to come in the future.  Spread the word about the blog and become a follower on the blog to help in it's success.
Carol

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back Carol!! I think you found some lovely pieces and that desk is truly unique!! You know I would have snatched them up in a heartbeat!
    Can't wait to see more ;)
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you - took me time to find my voice, am still tweaking it. I am not an interior designer but love to design my home re-purposing and with a limited budget. It is what I do best!

    I have browsed through your blog - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs