UA-22135472-1

Monday, February 28, 2011

Create a Spa Party

On Saturday we turned our house into a day spa and hosted a birthday party for my soon to be 10-year-old daughter.


No party is complete these days without the Martha Stewart inspired puff balls.  Turns out my non-crafty husband has a special skill and I was demoted while he took over.


Decorating for a spa party doesn't get any more simple.

Mirrors, headbands and jars of bath salts made by the girls all get popped into bags and go home as loot bags.

 First up was the bath salts.  We used a simple recipe that I stole from Karen at Strictly Simple Style (thanks Karen!).


We set out all the chocolate facial mask ingredients in bowls with the proper measuring tools and the girls set to work mixing their mask.

They applied the mask with their fingers and had the best time getting chocolaty and gooey.  We let it sit for about 10 minutes until it started to get dry and then we used a cloth and warm water to remove it all.  They all claimed their skin was smooth and soft afterwards although I doubt that any of them know anything other than silky soft skin.


On to the foot bath which was as simple as warm water and epsom salt with a drop of essential oil.  The girls soaked their tootsies while they treated themselves to manicures.  I thought this would take up 15 minutes but they finally had to be kicked out the of foot bath so I could set up the food.

Spa food is as easy as sushi and crustless sandwiches but we threw in some gyoza and green olives for good measure.  Ginger ale was served in crystal champagne glasses and while I swore to my husband that it would be fine, we did end up losing one.  

We also set up yoga mats and had the girls take 10 minutes to give a partner a massage and then switch for another 10 minutes.  Cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries were served for dessert followed up by opening presents. 

This year and last my daughter has asked that in lieu of presents her friends bring a donation to the local SPCA.  I have been swearing to my family for a couple of years that I won't get a second dog so I was hesitant to tag along for the donation drop off last year.  As soon as I stepped foot in the dog area I fell in love with Baron, a very large, very strong German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix and and went back for a second visit the next day to make sure it was love. During that visit I  made an appointment to take my new love for a run with me to see if I could actually handle his strength.  Before that run could happen I developed a flu that left me in bed for 5 days which is apparently the number of days it takes to bring me to my senses.  Sadly we did not adopt Baron although he did get adopted very quickly.  This afternoon after school we will be going to drop of this year's donations.  Am I worried?  Just a little!!!!!

Molly is in heaven with all the good smells and I couldn't get her out of the photo!


Recipe for Bath Salts
I cup epsom salts
1/2 cup sea salts
a few drops of essential oil

Recipe for Chocolate Face Mask
1/3 cup cocoa
2 tbsp heavy cream
1/4 cup honey
3 tbsp ground oatmeal

12 comments:

  1. What a fun party. Yummy chocolate masks! I did a party like this a few years ago and we also made chopstick {what a mess that made!}
    Carol you have outdone yourself! BTW: I too am sick in bed with the flu!

    Still love those drapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I am tired of the spell check on my laptop where is changes words after I type! I meant 'chap stick" not chopstick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so stealing this idea! What a perfect party...I bet your daughter thinks you totally rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea!! And perfect for girls (and women!) of any age! For me and my friends, a lil glass of wine might just have to be added :-)

    Happy Monday Darling! xo

    Oh, and pop by for today's perfume GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was tonnes of fun! HOpefully the crystal flute isn't too sorely missed?? That would have been pain inducing for me, but at least you're using them!! The whole party looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, they're so cute. It looks like they had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable...looks like she had a great time! You're a good Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fabulous! Would work for so many ages too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! These girls must have felt sooo fabulous!! I love how you set everything up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you get the daisy table top mirrors?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this information on how to create a spa party. Last month, I arranged a pool party with my friends at one of beautiful venues in Los Angeles. Decorated venue in a lovely manner and enjoyed a lot at this party.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs