UA-22135472-1

Thursday, February 17, 2011

TGIF

I was planning to post today about the fabulous bookcase that I have finally completed but it's not 100% ready to roll so I'll have to keep you wondering until next week.

Instead I'm going to give you a small glimpse of what the weekend has in store for us.  It's a Pro-D day here in Vancouver which means that the kids are at home with me today.

We're having a birthday party for a good friend on Saturday night.  Until then I'll be cooking up a storm (recruiting help in the form of child labour) as well as mixing up a myriad of different cocktails, cleaning the house, decorating and trying to wrap up the bookcase project.  There's nothing more effective than company to get me motivated to do what needs to be done.   I look forward to taking back our home  that has been invaded by my thrift store projects and is resembling a workroom at the moment.  

My goal is to have every single outstanding project completed this weekend because next week I am going thrift store shopping with the lovely Barbara from hodge:podge and something tells me I won't be coming home empty handed.


Sunday I expect to be lying on the sofa, drinking coffee and trying to finish the fabulous book that I started a while ago.  Is that the life of a blogger?  Too many blogs and not enough time?  I feel like I'm two-timing on books recently but I am promising myself a few hours of screen-free reading on Sunday.  If you're a lover of fiction I highly recommend this humorous and incredibly sophisticated account of the day-to-day life of a Parisian concierge.  I haven't been in a book club for a while and I miss the camaraderie but mostly I miss the great book recommendations.  If you have some, pass them my way any time...please! 

What does your weekend look like?  Flying high or laying low?  Whichever it is, enjoy it:)

xx Carol

7 comments:

  1. What a full weekend! Love the laying on a sofa reading part....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your weekend will not have one dull moment! Enjoy it! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow sounds like a jam-packed weekend! Nothing like company coming by to give you the kick in the butt to get things done! I can't wait to see what treasures you find out thrifting with Barbara! And I'm loving the sofa part too.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much success this weekend Carol. Enjoy your Sunday ... you really will have earned by then :) All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Blog! I’m a new follower Happy Friday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!
    http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I am your newest follower from last week's blog hop:) Lovely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    I have some amazing handmade giveaways going on! Take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol, hope you survived the cooking AND the pro-D! I had one home today and the other two have pro-D on Monday, so I'm gonna be pro-Ded out!! I am finding your blog hilarious and very authentic! Gotta ask you, how do you paint this time of year, are you doing it inside? I am itching to get going on projects but it is just too cold and damp in the garage...
    have a great party!
    Tracey
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs