UA-22135472-1

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Painting Furniture & Accessories - Girls Room Part 1

We have moved a few times in the last few years and my daughter's bedroom has been a different colour each time.  We've changed from crib to single bed to bunk beds with each move.  The bedding has changed each time but other than that we are dragging around furniture from each move and it's turning into quite the hodge podge collection.  I noticed recently that we had a few too many colours going on in her room and have decided it's time to neutralize the palette a bit.  

So out came the paint and the brushes and I currently have 4 "in progress" items that I'll reveal to you next week.  In the meantime, here's a little sneak peak at 3 of them.

These letters looked perfect in the "princess" bedroom we had in our last house but they don't match so they're getting a sparkly "big kid" facelift.  Stay tuned for the final product next week.



This is a white board that Olivia spends endless hours working at.  She writes stories, draws, writes notes to the family and plays teacher.  It was formerly part of the playroom but in this house we don't have a playroom.  She has a much larger bedroom this time round so this is where it now resides.  The colours are bright and gawdy but the easel itself is solid wood and after years of use is still in fantastic shape.  

I don't have a sneak peek of this one but the colours will be similar to this, only much more white and just a small hit of Tiffany blue.  

Remember the desk that I showed you a couple of weeks ago that I had hoboed (yes, that is a verb) for my daughter's bedroom?  It has been painted in Tiffany blue with white accents.  I am still fighting with the Polycrilic finish I gave it and so far I am not winning.  Some touch ups are required before I can show it to you.  Be patient!

This guy just came home with me today from the thrift store.  It's a solid wood bookcase (shelves were removed for transport) with a little covered area for the junk.  I have learned in the years that I"ve been a mom that although I have a tremendous penchant towards open shelving it is not intended for kids.  The more places to hide things the better.  The white paint will again make an appearance but the back of the shelving area is going to get a sassy paint and stencil treatment.  At this point, I am delusional enough to believe that I will be making the stencil and I have a vision of exactly how it should all turn out.  There may be a trip to Micheal's in my future.  We shall see.


So you know what I'm doing this weekend.  What about you?  Got any projects on the go or are you lucky enough to enjoy your weekend?

Carol



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got some good things in the works! (that Tiffany blue color is so pretty). Not sure if I'll get to any projects this weekend or not - would be nice if I could check something off my list :-).

    Have a good weekend and don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you make the stencil I'll be curious to know how difficult you found that to be. My hand is so unsteady I know I'd never be able to handle that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great projects! I especailly can't wait to see the desk. My DD has a desk I would love to change but I am a chicken:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. projects are very fun - but I'm just enjoying my weekend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany blue? I hope you post soon! I am considering the same colour but am afraid of how it will look {my daughter has grey-lavender walls} That desk was a great find!

    I am going to have to hit your Sally Ann!

    Glad you were able to come yesterday and to have met!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always a sucker for that color!!! Timeless and elegant! Can't wait to see this all done up! Don't you love the thrift store!?
    Have a great week!
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs