UA-22135472-1

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Why you Should Leave the Mixing to the Professionals

I've been working diligently on the 2 dressers I recently purchased.  As always, I'm working right in the middle of the house and as always, I cite entertaining as my motivation to complete the work.  We have friends coming for a week-long visit and it would be nice if the guests were able to walk through the house without falling over drawers sprawled across the floor.


So how does yogurt have anything to do with painting you might wonder.  While I am over-the-moon crazy for Liberty yogurt for its taste, I also love that the container can be used for so many things such as mixing paint.



The mid century dresser is being painted in shades of gray with a white stripe effect on the drawers.  I thought it would be kinda cool to paint the outside of the dresser with a darker gray than the drawers so I mixed a lighter shade using the darker gray and white.  Sounds pretty simple, right?  It was except that when I ran out I mixed a second batch using the exact same ratio but when I used it to touch up (after the striping effect was complete) I noticed a slight difference.  Call me a stickler but I have this thing about the touch ups being the same colour as the paint I'm touching up.


This is what happens when you try to do a job that should be left to the professionals!!  Guess what I'm doing today.  I'll give you a hint...it will require a steady hand and a yogurt container full of paint.

Don't you just hate when that happens?


11 comments:

  1. Great post! I have so done that before!!! Hey, come over to my blog....you won my giveaway! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your painting pain! I have been diligently sanding, priming and painting patches on my chairs every time the temp rises. I am off to pick up a console I found on Craigslist this weekend! Then let the real fun painting begin!

    What colour did you decide on "my" dresser ;) ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I'm not allowed to paint anymore:) Last time I did we had to call in a professional to "help" me fix it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man, I have a painting project too. But involves more than just a straight line, which means I probably will mess it up. And yes, I'm pretty much only motivated to finish projects when I know people are going to come over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck to you with the painting :)) thanks for you visit more pictures will come soon enough from the photosession /Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for visiting my Blog Carol! Nice to see you live so close. Looks like we have a lot in common! :) I am sure we can learn from each other! C

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no!! paint is so freaking finiky. But I really love th elook of the dresser, it will look great! Persistance and perfectionism will pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been there, done that!
    So these days I always mix up way too much, and then feel guilty about the huge amount of leftover paint. Ah well, there is always something. Good luck with the retry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I feel your pain!! We are both learning so much these days! In the end it will be really cool and totally worth all the effort. I have yet to mix my paint though...I will keep this post in mind :) Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great day!
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, that couldn't have been a good feeling. You are a perfectionist and that's a good thing, you wouldn't be happy with the piece unless it was exactly the way you intened.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs