UA-22135472-1

Friday, April 15, 2011

Order in the House!

I am a new person today.  Order has been restored where yesterday it was nothing but chaos.  Okay, I exaggerate but I do feel good now that my new organizational tool has been gussied up and is ready to rock.


It started with a big, ugly pile of papers and a trip to the thrift store

I used a template that I found here and some leftover paint.  As you know, I'm addicted to Minwax furniture wax so of course, it ended up with a little of that to seal it.  Not too shabby for a $3 box.  Now let's just see if I can stay organized.

Each family member has a file folder to collect papers, etc. There's my cute owl daytimer 'cause I'm old school.  I have note pads to jot down shopping lists and the rest of the junk has found its way to the recycling bin.

On a completely separate note, I really love all the encouraging replies and emails I've been getting from people lately as my little blog chugs along.  It's the nicest thing to hear that somebody else likes what you're doing.  I had to share this very funny email I received today.  It made me laugh out loud..."Really, I love what you're doing with the blog. You make these projects accessible. Martha Stewart makes me feel like a loser. You make me feel like it's ok to have a glass of wine and try again!"  

How awesome is that???  Have a fabulous weekend everyone!


20 comments:

  1. Carol, it looks great! It is a wonderful idea. Have an awesome weekend!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. High 5 on your $3 organizer.....I agree with that cute comment! About "Chaos", that always exsists at my house...I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This box came out beautiful! It always feels great to get order around your home. You did a great job!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that you're all organized, let the weekend chaos begin! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your organization box looks great, I love the pattern you used. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you rock! hopefully this helps life be more orderly. I certainly could use one too.

    Have a great weekend, Carol

    (ps- for some reason I'm slow and, I hadn't been a follower until now... so that makes me 150!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now please tell me why your fabulous little box cost $3 to make, but the ugliest and plainest of baskets and bins you can find at the store start at like $10?

    Totally agree with the fun email you got. Martha Stewart makes me feel like I'm failing at life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out so cute! I am actually more jealous of the organization...not my strong area :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out great Carol. There's no reason something functional can't be fun and attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is fantastic Carol. Now can everyone keep their papers in the box?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Great job! I love that email too! How sweet :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that box...want to come help me organize my crapola??? I'm still laughing about that email you got, totally hilarious and so *spot on*! (c:

    P.S-I died laughing about your comment on my green home post. Priceless. And yes, I would be on your front porch the day you moved in to "visit"...for like a month. (c: hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, I LOVE feeling all organized and on the top of my game. Unfortunately for me I usually only stay that way for about a day. But maybe if I had a nice box like yours...
    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! When are you going to start mass producing them? I think it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always feel better when everything has been organized...'everything in its own place.'

    I love what you did with that box!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is my goal for next week...I spend more time moving one stack to make another one and income tax stuff is everywhere.

    You inpsired me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with that email! Plus, you just ooze creativity...:-). Love i when i'm organized too, but it always seem to not last for very long:-(. XX

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute little box! We need something like that at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Completely love it! you have a lot of patience to do that stencil so well Carol...I'm envisioning more custom boxes in your future with this great start!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how it turned out. It is cute and orderly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs