UA-22135472-1

Monday, April 4, 2011

Silver Leaf Inspiration

I love anything that has a silver leaf application.  It's got the big glam factor that I love but unlike mirror, there are no residual finger prints to constantly clean up. 
I am in the middle of silver leafing 2 different projects. While looking for inspiration for one of the projects I discovered a world of silver leaf that I had to share.
Never have I seen a silver leafed ceiling before. How glam is that?Silver Leaf Wall
What an amazing way to deal with ugly interior doors or problem walls.

Don't get rid of that ugly mirror with the dated finish.  This is the perfect solution for updating an old piece.

This piece is a hand blown glass piece with added silver leaf but why not add a bit of silver leaf to a boring vase.

Love the shape but don't love the finish?  Here's a great solution.

I'll take 2 please!

Stay tuned for my own diy silver leaf project reveal coming tomorrow!

17 comments:

  1. ooo! I love this too and can't wait to see your DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that nightstand, it does add a bit of glam to a room doesn't it? Happy Monday,Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is just so fabulous...metallics are always a favorite! Did you see Little Green Notebook's Hutch project with it? Super glam and gorgeous, so it has me *really* excited to see your project! LOVE the blog and I'm so glad you visited so I could find it! Happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I look forward to seeing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this - brilliant post - bedside table had me at hello ;O)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! I'm dying to see what you are doing with silver-leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I die for that silver leaf ceiling! I recently saw the most beautiful chair that was silver leafed - I think it's my new love. I can't wait to see what you've been working on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, that ceiling is AMAZING! I've never seen anything like that before!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did a few silver leaf projects this past year, it's so fun to work with and goes fairly quickly too. Looking forward to seeing what it is that you are glamming up with silver.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that nightstand, I can't wait to see what you DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! I'm wondering if Barbara's second end table may be revealed!! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What are you silver leafing? The table???? Thanks for the featuring my lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh that sooo cool, looking forward to see your project /Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just read your reveal post, the mirror looks fabulous, love the painted "frame" around the frame. I just gold leafed a couple of items and the first image of this post made me recall my first experience with silver leaf, when I leafed the tray ceiling in the dining room of our first house. Can I say, that was a complete pain!!!! It did look good afterwards, however...Janell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lve your blog and am adding it to my sidebar....How have I missed it ......Loving this party. I have am trying to read as many blogs as I can. I have already found some jewels.
    I would love to read every single one...Everyone has a story.
    Hope you will stop by...I have some extra giveaways that require nothing but a comment...
    Teresa
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs