UA-22135472-1

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Vancouver Chronicles - Kitsilano


If you like to be where all the cool kids are then you definitely need to know about Kitsilano. This neighbourhood is in the west side of Vancouver and is known for its great beaches and its great commercial strip.  If you're going to hang out there you need to know that it is colloquially known as Kits, just so you can sound like a cool kid too.

If you can't decide whether you love the water of the mountains more, this is your place.   Spend time at either Jericho or Kitsilano beach and you will have the best views in the city of the North Shore mountains and the Burrard Inlet.

 Kits has some of the best restaurants in Vancouver along with dozens of great coffee shops.

This is my favourite coffee shop - 49th Parallel Coffee Roasters.  Good coffee yes, but just take in some of the amazing design of this place.  Do you see turquoise?  It's everywhere in here so you know I love it.

There is a definitely a granola vibe going on in Kits so if you're looking for a way to get zen, you'll find a yoga studio on every corner.

Kits is also home to Lululemon's head office as well as one of their bigger retail stores.  It's also where you'll find Ivivva, which is the kids version of lululemon.  Not much cheaper but it's possible to squeeze your yoga butt into a pair of the kids pants for a bit of variety.


If swimming is more your speed, head down to the beach and you'll find Kitsilano Pool which is the longest outdoor swimming pool in Canada.  It can accomodate up to 1,000 people at a time.

So there you have a peek into one of my favourite Vancouver neighbourhoods.  What do you think?  Love it?

17 comments:

  1. Oh woaw perfect place for à vacation :)// Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes love it! I just wish we had more of those sunny days:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first beach shot has me ITCHING for a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't make it out to Kits when I was in Vancouver last August... looks like a good excuse to go back ;)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! One of my greatest friends moved to Kits a year ago (and obveiously loves it)...hoping to get back there to see her soon. good feature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I loved this tour!! I have only been to BC once when I was kid and did not appreciate the beauty. The mountains, the beach and then that giant pool. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 thumbs up on "Kits"..hubby has been to Vancouver several times..me never. I have always wanted to go...your tours give me a taste of what it is like...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lululemon has a kids store now? That coffee shop is amazing. That's where we need to head for our next thirsting adventure! Love Kits. Have you ever been to Naan? Is it still there? Awesome vegan food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh boy, do we ever live in a beautiful city. looking great YVR! lovely post Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh!! another location for my hit list!!! Kits looks like the best place ever!! Thanks for sharing!
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. All these images get me ready for Summer. I never knew about the pool. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I LOVE IT, it looks beautiful, I have been meaning to make it out to Vancouver forever and this is definitely a place I know I'll like, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, i did! Beautiful pics-certainly makes me want to visit:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! Next time I'm in Vancouver, I know where to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I love it and I'm asking myself, "Why do I live in SK?" Question: were they doing yoga right in the middle of the street?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I used to live in Kits (grew up in Coquitlam.. now in Victoria) I'm new here and love your blog and like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like these pictures so much because I really enjoy this beautiful places and how the people love to have fun and be healthy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs