UA-22135472-1

Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Victoria Day

It's a long weekend here in Canada. This is the the official opening to summer round here so there's some good old Canuck celebrating to be done.

Is there a better way for a blogger to celebrate a holiday than to be given an award?  Certainly not.  

I send a big Canadian holiday hug to Carrie at Hazardous Design for awarding me with a Versatile Blogger award.



The rules of the award mandates that I tell you 7 things about myself that you may not know and that I pass the award along to 7 blogs that I have recently discovered so here we go friends...

1.  I'm a total book nerd
2.  I love to work out and dream of being a lady of leisure and health clubs
3.  I'm a city girl but have taken my kids camping for 2 weeks with no husband...booyah!
4.  Did I say I love pink:!
5.  If salt & vinegar chips had to fight hickory sticks to the death I wouldn't know who to vote for:!
6.  My fluffy baby dog is almost 15 years old and I am determined to see her make it to 20:)
7. My desert island food is thai food...green curry, mmmm!

And now on to the fun stuff.  Here are the fabulous blogs that I have nominated for the award...

1.  Sugar & Spice in the Land of Balls
2.  All Things Bright & Beautiful
3.  A View Along the Way
4.  Design Manifest
5.  A Prairie Perch
6.  You Me and The Weiner
7.  Gorgeous Shiny Things
8.  Just Bella
9.  All Kinds of Lovely
10.  Cozamia

On another happy note, I was the winner of a giveaway last week.  So Stinkin' Cute blog drew my name in a giveaway for Cosmic White.  It's a lip plumping lip gloss and teeth whitener in one.  How cool is that?

Happy Monday!

18 comments:

  1. Have a happy extra day to your weekend!! I was given this award by Carrie, too! Now I have to come up with my answers!! So fun learning more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Victoria Day to you, too, my dear! And I'm pretty sure you made my day by passing this award to me, huge blog kisses!!! And I am totally impressed with the two weeks of solo camping with kiddos, I actually *love* me some camping and I'm pretty sure I would *not* attempt this!!! Happy Monday darling and congrats on the award! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And thanks so much for the award! It was so nice learning some more about you. Wow - 2 weeks camping is really impressive! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoyed the long weekend - and congrats on the award :)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thank you so much, I'm so flattered! I *love* your blog in a huge, HUGE way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, camping with no husband. My hat goes off to you...I think I would get too scared that the boogie man would eat us all during the night!

    I love your blog, I am going to add you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you! And thanks for the award. That was an unexpected but totally delightful surprise! I look forward to visiting the other bloggers you've awarded too. Blogging in itself is so much fun and "meeting" so many great people along the way is a real bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Carol. I expect sparkling plump lips with a white smile this Wednesday! Enjoy the holiday! Yay - no rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the award. Let us know if your lips look like Angela Jolie's after using your new gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too! But Carrie beat me to it with you and Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two week camping ??? Like in a tent or in a cabin (more my speed). I am impressed either way. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Love your 7 things - I can't match you on the dog or the camping excursions but I'm with you all the way on the other 5!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowee - you've made my weekend ladyfriend! Congratulations on your award (very well deserved, I say) and thank you so much for picking me! It's my first bloggy award and I am tickled fuschia pink. :)

    p.s. I think we may have a few things in common: #'s 1, 4 & 7.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you, You are too sweet!!!

    And, OMG I love your sunglasses case. You should sell those. So effin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a way to start a day back to work after a long weekend! Thanks so much, lady! Big congrats to you on the award and thank you so much for thinking of me!! You are the sweetest :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol thanks for sharing and congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its nice to learn a little bit more about you :) Thanks so much Carol for including me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs