UA-22135472-1

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More Thrifting Adventures

There is a good reason why I spend so much time in thrift stores.  Every Tuesday night my daughter takes a jazz class for one hour.  It's in the next city over and it's not really worth driving back and forth so I wait.  There's a thrift store just a couple of blocks from the dance studio so really, how can I resist?

Here are some of the things I was drooling over last night.  I am seriously considering going back for a couple of these items.

Everyone loves to decorate with books but they're not inexpensive.  These 2 home decor books were each $2.99.  I pulled off the dust cover and they had beautiful spines.  A steal.

I have been looking for brass lamps with swing arms for the night stands in our bedroom.  This wouldn't work in there and there is only 1 but isn't it gorgeous.  The kelly green glass shade is beautiful and I think this could work on our desk.

I am seriously considering going back for these.  There are 4 in total and I think they would look fabulous with a new seat cushion. Just picture them at a round tulip table with a marble top.  Do you think my husband would notice if I snuck these into the house?

This chair is so big and has quite a presence.  Currently the presence is utterly disgusting but I could see it with a paint job and completely reupholstered.

So here's what I did buy...

2 prints by a famous and highly acclaimed Native artist named Benjamin Chee Chee.  He died over 30 years ago but his work has been highly praised since his death.  I was lucky enough to see a large display of his work last summer and fell in love.  He is considered a pioneer in bringing a modern twist to the Native art form.  I love the simplicity and clean lines.  They were professionally framed and I do like the frames but the mats have had some water damage so I'll need to replace those.  



I was given an trophy for the Best Thrifter in the female category.  I would like to thank all the people who donate their awesome junk.  Okay, I bought this but isn't it cute?

I also found a cute iphone cover that is brand new and under $2.  I didn't get it but now think I should so you know what that means.  I have to go back.  I wonder if those chairs and lamp will still be there.  Stay tuned.  Not you, husband.  You need to look the other way while I drag big things into the house.

26 comments:

  1. Go back for the chairs! Your husband will never know. And if he asks, just say you are holding them for me. :P Love that green lamp too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Third pic - I have those chairs at home! Only difference is that the fabric is brown/rust... go get them! ;)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a find {those prints!}. Yes, you deserve the trophy. So sad today didn't work out - sniff.. in about 10 min I am calling the dealership that re-did my brakes a few ago - want to them to fix what they didn't do right in the first place. I will let them know I had to cancel an important date to deal with this!!!! Maybe Anthro next Thursday???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chairs! That desk lamp! Um yeah, you are going to have to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your finds!! Those prints are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those metal chairs are awesome!!! Go back and get them, pretty please?! I would love to see what you would do with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thrifting is probably like an addiction to me...it is just such a great high to find a great piece for a steal! I am totally in love with that cute little desk lamp, I think you need to sneak that one past the hubbs (c:

    P.S. And yes, we are still friends, even if you don't like my design boyfriend, Miles (c:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh girl you must go back for the chrome chairs! But you did get awesome art.

    Btw sissy from Blue Hydrengea has the same chairs. She can't part with them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uhhmazing finds!! The chrome chairs are superrad, but I spy the rattan pretties with the fug upholstery behind them, too!! The arm chair would be perfect refinished/reupped!
    Those prints! SO cool!

    Having a really great dress giveaway on my blog, don't forget to enter!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG the Chee Chee prints, you are so lucky to have found those! I like all the other items too, you HAVE to go back for those chairs though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun! I love thrift & antique shops.

    www.birdietobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must look forward to dance class day every week.

    You'll appreciate this Carol, yesterday I went to my favorite vintage store and spotted an amazing Asian inspired mirror for only $60. It wasn't something I could use so I passed it up...then, wouldn't you know, I saw the same mirror in Lonny advertised for $485! You know that mirror wouldn't be there if I went back. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. How far is Vancouver from Chattavegas because I might fight you for those metal chairs... But in a friendly way of course. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh,I love a thrifting buddy! So fun to discover your blog.

    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute are those prints...great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the Pure Style book - there's also an outdoor one too. I've had it for many years and love it. When I was studying interior design all those years ago I often referred to it. Nice find and nice price!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You must be thrilled with the prints! There is nothing, NOTHING, better than art. So glad you snatched those up when you had the chance.

    Also, I would be in big trouble if I had an hour to kill with thrift stores nearby.

    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  18. You were making me laugh with the husband comments...My husband usually says "Oh I didn't know we needed another X (insert new item here)" at which time I start my justification speech. :) I love the chair that is disgusting but could be beautiful and lucky you on the art find! And, I think the books are a no-brainer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is no place to thrift around here and it kills me!! I would have way to much fun:) What awesome finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Terrific finds! I'm such a book junkie, that those books would have definitely come home with me. Love your new loving cup(your handled trophy) - Just Gorgeous! Once a week forced thrifting sounds like heaven. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome!! Those chairs are great and what a find with those prints!! You go! You totally deserve that trophy girl!!
    Hope you're having a great week!
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha, hilarious about the trophy! Good finds. Love those chairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this sounds like quite the thrift store! You had some great finds this week (and your vision of those chairs around a marble-topped table...ah-mazing).

    ReplyDelete
  24. Incredible finds, I love the artwork! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good one and I love the outdated chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Quite the thrift store! I found a brass lamp with green shade on the side of the road going to the beach this summer! I haven't had anytime to do anything with it yet! :(

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs