UA-22135472-1

Monday, May 16, 2011

My Massive Crush on Alexander Henry

Last week I ordered the luscious Alexander Henry fabric called Koto that I gushed about here. While I wait for it to arrive I am obsessing over it and dreaming of a life surrounded by it. Here's what my life would look like...

I hate getting up early but it's vaguely possible that waking up to this headboard could put a smile on my face.  Yawn, stretch.  Hello beautiful day.  

After I bounce out of bed I could go downstairs and enjoy a steaming cup of coffee and a croissant served on fine china with these beautiful napkins.

I would be a complete copy cat and add Koto to my laundry room like 1/2 Kitchen did.  Of course I would thoroughly enjoy doing laundry when my room looks this darn cute!

Magnolia Twist makes cute little jumpers and I adore this one in Koto.  My daughter would have to wear this every single day.  Maybe I'd need to order more than one.  Is it a coincidence that she has the exact same hat?  I think not.

Marigold at Hideous Dreadful Stinky made this fantastic kimono as a baby gift.  I would have to order one in my size and I would be wearing this while going through my busy day.

I would take this and  go to the gym.  Everyone would stop me on the street to tell me that my bag is fabulous and that I'm the nicest person they've ever met.

I would order a second bag would be for sashaying around town.  Again, fabulous and nice.

I don't have any children in car seats anymore but I would order this and keep it in my car because it is seriously awesome.  I would be looking in my rear view mirror constantly while driving.  Not safe but unavoidable.
I'll also take this cute wristlet clutch.  It's perfect for running errands and being super stylish at the same time and really, what's better than that?

At the end of the day I would lounge around on my sofa and lay my weary head on this

Just before I go to bed I would hang out in the bathroom staring at this shower curtain dreaming of the day that Alexander Henry makes this fabric into a wallpaper.

We have a lovely mailman who arrives at our house at the same time each day so I know when to wait for him. I'm always ready with a smile and some insignificant chit chat but I fear the day he delivers the fabric he may be subjected to a new and perhaps scary side of me.  It's not for sure but there may be some hugs and kisses coming his way that day.

26 comments:

  1. Great post. :) You should probably take the first day or two off after the fabric arrives, and spend them wrapped happily in a fabric cocoon, taking it in. It's *gorgeous!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute, cute cute! I love the laundry room picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, about the mailman. I feel the same way about the UPS driver who delivers our wine-of-the-month club. The fabric is really special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, if I was looking for fun on a Monday, I came to the right place! I think my absolute favorite is the laundry room (funny enough)...it is just so adorably cheerful! I might actually enjoy a little laundry myself in that place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lOL! You're gonna scare the mailman!! I know that kind of excitement! It's gonna be so fab! Can't wait to see it.
    Kelle
    xx
    P.S. My new endeavors need to involve a store and more hours designing or I'm gonna lose my mind! I'm not really holding anything back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great fabric! I love that there are so many different colors in it, to go with a variety of things!

    Just found your blog, and I think it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that fabric! I've never seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha!! I love that you would even get the car seat just to show it off, you might actually be as crazy as me, it is a gorgeous design that just keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great. Now you've got ME obsessing over this fabric!
    Love the new look of your blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really liking that fabric. I would love this napkins. Maybe if you have leftovers??? I am LOVING Asian prints. My one pillow made with chiang mai is done {on blog tomorrow!}

    Looking forward to hitting Anthro on Wednesday! I guess we'll talk tomorrow?

    Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love now too...you're a bad influence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You tickle me. My favorite incarnation of the fabric is the curtain in the laundry room. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous fabric. Yes that laundry is just adorable. Amazing what a piece of fabric can do! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Loving your!

    x anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  14. You kill me - I think you have a bit of an obsession there! But easily cured once your package finally arrives. I'm sure the mailman will be smiling that day as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. too funny girl. A headboard out of that fabric would make for fab dreams. great post as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous fabric! Love that laundry! Just found you blog, love it, now following! Miss Walker xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, you got the koto! Awesome choice:-) We must celebrate when you receive it and i fear for the mailman:-). It's a really beautiful fabric. XX

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dress is super cute, and that little pillow! Enjoy the anticipation!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello site redesign! This fabric is fantastic - love the napkins. Have been saying for the past few months that napkins should be my first sewing project...I should probably get on that...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed that! And I can't believe all the places that fabric has shown up! It is lovely though, so I shouldn't be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow,love that fabric! I so loved seeing all of the different ways it was used! Loving the new site design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun, I don't know how I missed this post!! I don't think I'll get of this fabric, it adds just the right amount of POP and pulls everything together so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh, how cute! I like the wallet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs