UA-22135472-1

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What To Do with Leftover Fabric Samples - Take 2 W

I realize that I run the risk of looking like someone with way too much time on my hands but cute thumb tacks are hard to come by.  When you can't buy it, you've got to make it.  This is where my fabric samples come in handy...again.

Fabric stores sell button cover kits that are perfect for making your own.  The dome and back are all you need for diy buttons.I started by using pliers and removing the silver thingy that would allow you to sew the button to clothes.


Using the template on the back of the kit, cut a circle of fabric from your favourite scrap fabric.

Lay the fabric on the white attachment device which is provided with the kit.

Lay the silver dome on top of fabric and push until it pops into place.

Pop the button out and hot glue a thumb tack to the back.  



25 comments:

  1. Out with the boring thumb tacks, in with fun, colorful ones! Love it :)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love how you can coordinate your thumbtacks with the room their in now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I do hate doing this task though! It hurts my fingers. I usually have my mom do it for me :( I'm a big wuss!! Thanks for sharing!
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so cute! who needs boring thumbtacks anyway?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SMART! and resourceful. You know all the tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a simple craft ......... love it as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingenious! I have a few of those kits kicking around:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are cute! forget time on your hands...if it means your making something purty, its worth it :-)

    A Girl's Next Best Friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh gracious... I am so doing that! those are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever. It would take a lot of time, but you could probably use the covered tacks like you would an upholstery tack for embellishing a bulletin board or other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute, I like...its all in the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carol, Thanks for your sweet comment. I love these tacks. You come up with the most clever projects!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stop it, stop it right now! You have to quit giving me all these brilliant ideas! (c: This is so darn cute and you know I'm loving that it's insanely simple...another stroke of genius (c:

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is just too cute! Wow, I never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute!! You are so resourceful! xx

    http://decorislikebutter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love them! They look so great on your bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well we always need tacks!
    Great DIY....if you have time pop over to see about the Old School Market!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! I bet everyone has said that, but they really are.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome idea! You should sell these babies. They are too cute.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's great and looks so easy to make! You are so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs