UA-22135472-1

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Good Taste of Others

I try to show you a DIY project that I've been working on each Wednesday if possible.  This week's project was to be a faux roman blind.  That didn't work out for reasons I will reveal later.  The same fabric was then scheduled to become a pillow.  I ran out of white thread before I could finish so that's not happening either.  Thank goodness for other bloggers.  Instead of my own project I've compiled a collection of DIY projects that I've been loving lately.

It's yellow and it's mid-century inspired.  Need I say more??
Asterisk Clock by Curbly

Framed cupcakes are low in fat and high in happiness.  How cute in a kitchen nook?
Cupcakes Galore by Dulce Sobre Mesa

This chandy looks quite simple and has a gigantic wow factor.  
Beaded Chandelier by Gus & Lula

One of these days when I'm feeling VERY brave I'll try this.
Ruffled Pillow by Midwestern Sewing Girl

I think this was originally a Valentine's Day idea but wouldn't it be great for the end-of-year parties that are coming up shortly?
Gumball Necklace by One Charming Party

Now that summer is around the corner you might be feeling inspired to whip up a little plant pot for your front porch.
Hypertufa Pots by 33 Shades of Green

Well now I feel downright lazy after seeing all this inspiration.  Off to work I go.

22 comments:

  1. I have an entire file labeled "projects to try" and it's getting fuller by the day. I think you have accomplished more in the past month than I have the entire past 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been quite busy with some amazing projects, so don't feel bad. If we all had more time, we would get so much more done. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Framed cupcakes....too stinking cute!

    I'm finding that I am going to need to start relying on other bloggers more to keep or not post. There is only so many projects you can tackle in a day....not including laundry, cleaning, weeding, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great featured projects! I love the bright funkiness of the asterisk clock and those framed cupcakes are darling! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those projects! Faux roman blind? Pillow that wasn't? Sounds like my projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chandelier is super impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cupcake print and the yellow clock! Don't mind having in my home at all. And that blue chandelier was amazingly awesome and beautiful. Great picks!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing. Those cupcakes are too cute and the chandelier is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yellow clock = so nice!

    ps: you might want to check my blog, there might be an award waiting for you ;)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That blue chandalier looks like QUITE the project. Love inspiration via others!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with that chandelier from Gus and Lula! I would so do that! Thanks so much for sharing! I hope everything works out for the shade! I'm not sure I would attempt one...I would call for my Momma!
    Hope you're having a great week!
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe that chandy is DIY - amazing! My cheap/ambitious nature is now in overdrive. Must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are so many inspirational people out there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your last comment there...that is usual the result of me seeing super impressive projects from everyone (c: But I think I might actually have to bust out the crafting junk and figure out how to do that cutie patootie cupcake art...too stinkin' cute! I'm thinkin' my baby girl's room...(c:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the post!
    wonderful images ;)

    love,catarina
    santiroyalhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carol,

    These are some serious DIY's! Amazing!
    I love them all!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hope your having a fabulous week!

    Cheers!
    Shelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful round-up! Especially love that chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all such great ideas! Seeing everyone else's projects always makes me feel lazy. . . there are just not enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Carol I am amazed!! That chandelier, I feel not too creative at the moment!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Come and enter my $250 Amazing Giveaway from Tracy Porter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh.. I hear some of your readers. These projects make me feel tired. But they are FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is some really cute artwork!
    I love the beaded chandelier :D

    Xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute clock and how cute are the cupcakes? I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs