These happy fellows are going to a party at the beach for my daughter's class today. While I don't normally post recipes I couldn't resist sharing this because the cute factor is 10/10. It's been nothing but end of year and end of season activities around here right now so it's hard to focus on design. As you can see from the lopsided smiles, baking is never going to take over for design so don't worry. More diy projects coming your way very soon:)
- 2 boxes brownie mix
- 2 cans chocolate frosting
- 2 bags yellow candy melts
- candy sticks
- edible pen (I used a candy writer but I think you could be a lot more precise with the pen)
- Cook brownies and let cool.
- Once cool, crumble into bowl and add frosting (start with one can and add more as necessary.
- Form into balls and place on wax papered cookie sheet.
- Melt a small amount of yellow candy melts. Dip end of stick in and stick into brownie ball.
- Place in freezer for 1/2 hour.
- Melt candy melts and dip each ball in covering completely.
- When candy dries use your pen to create the face.