UA-22135472-1

Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Monday

These happy fellows are going to a party at the beach for my daughter's class today.  While I don't normally post recipes I couldn't resist sharing this because the cute factor is 10/10.  It's been nothing but end of year and end of season activities around here right now so it's hard to focus on design.  As you can see from the lopsided smiles, baking is never going to take over for design so don't worry.  More diy projects coming your way very soon:)


Ingredients

- 2 boxes brownie mix
- 2 cans chocolate frosting
- 2 bags yellow candy melts
- candy sticks
- edible pen (I used a candy writer but I think you could be a lot more precise with the pen)

Directions

- Cook brownies and let cool.
- Once cool, crumble into bowl and add frosting (start with one can and add more as necessary.
- Form into balls and place on wax papered cookie sheet.
- Melt a small amount of yellow candy melts.  Dip end of stick in and stick into brownie ball.
- Place in freezer for 1/2 hour.
- Melt candy melts and dip each ball in covering completely.
- When candy dries use your pen to create the face.
- Enjoy!

22 comments:

  1. So adorable! My students would have loved those on our last day TODAY!! Can you tell I'm excited??

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so darn cute! I'd love to make some with wierd facial expressions just to throw people off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's year end madness over here too! Super cute treats!! I'm sure your daughter was very proud to walk into class with those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys love it when I make cake balls. Your brownie balls would be a huge hit, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm, cake pops...that smile. Even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's too cute! it sounds delish too, gotta sweet tooth now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! We made little chickens like this for my son's birthday. I am not ashamed to admit I ate the majority of them. I love the smiley faces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Question though - is the icing in the balls, and then icing on top too much icing? I realize these were for kids therefore there is no such thing as too much icing...but for real people like us? give me the goods carol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable! I'm sure they tasted pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are too adorable! I don't think the kids will mind the lopsided smiles of these lovely treats. Instead, I think they will snatch them up like hot cakes!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy these look very tempting as well as fun. I love baking with the kids & I have just taken on a range for the shop from the kids cooking company they are character based cooking utensils so cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute are those? I would not have been able to guess how you got the into that shape without the instructions - that will be helpful for lots of kids' cake creations for future birthdays, etc. so...thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOw yummy. I have seen one blogger make cake pops from Timbits! Lucky kids!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your smiley brownie pops are adorable! :-) I'm sure they'll be a big hit with your daughter's class :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG...they're totally adorable. They actually remind me of you 'cause you've got a great smile...don't worry, I'm not attracted to you in "that" way. LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That last sassy comment was from me. So excited that I pressed post before I picked profile :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are brownieeees??? Cute and full of deliciousness!! You go!
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are the cutes....Cake pops are so popular here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs