UA-22135472-1

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Just When You Think You've Seen It All

You know the expression, "there's no new invention since the wheel?".  I usually wholeheartedly agree with that.  Then you spend a little time on Pinterest (okay more than a little time.  A whole lot of time actually) and you find that it's not the case at all.

Clever beyond belief  PLUS your makeup area will smell delicious all the time!  If you wanted a more glam look you could add beads instead of coffee.

How beautiful is this?  I love books and I think this is a perfect way to fill a wall with some excerpt from a favourite book.

My son is a mountain biking fanatic and this would be perfect for his room.  Definitely adding this to my project file.

Nobody in my house plays with kitchens any more but damn, I wish they would.


I am constantly running out of things to hang pictures in my house.  How cool is this?

A canoe turned garden.  Upcycling never looked so good.

Yes, Pinterest has tons of inspiration and great ideas however I could have read War and Peace in the same amount of time that I spent looking for cool things to post about.  Can you say addictive???

22 comments:

  1. I'd classify this as "research" for your job. For me, it's just wasting time. :P

    Who knew there were so many great ideas out there? I REALLY wish I was the person who came up with Pinterest...that's one smart cookie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post - really thinking outside the box, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a Pinterest account yet, but it's on my to-do list for the summer. Love that soda tab can idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinterest is like crack for any design enthusiast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to have to try that can tab trick, genius! Just stumbled upon your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely addicting - agreed. And I love the soda tab idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've yet to fully discover Pinterest - know what it is, where it's at, but never spent too much time on it... maybe that's good!

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that kitchen is AWESOME! super creative - what great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Addictive to say the least! I limit my Pinterest usage to once a week. Otherwise I just waste FAR to much time looking at cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to follow you on Pinterest. I love it as well. LOVE the bike wheel idea. You know how many bike wheels are kicking around this house? My son has a bike tire mirror from Ikea, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have been obsessed with pinterest. I seriously have never felt more organized before though. I feel like all my thoughts and dream bubbles are organized in one spot

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all awesome finds! Fabulous inspirations and great ideas. Love the bike wheel idea and the coffee beans with make up brushes idea.


    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. I too have been spending a little too much time on Pinterest. Yes, it can be very addicting! Happy to be your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who needs Pinterest when I have you to show me all the best ideas?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. totally addictive. The coffee beans remind me of the perfume department :) I love the idea of the poetry on the wall, planning that in my own bedroom redo...

    ReplyDelete
  16. That soda tab idea is BRILLIANT. Pinterest has completely sucked me in and I can't break free! (Okay... nor do I want to).

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha. Well, I have to say that I have not exposed myself to pinterest (with the strong sandy thought that if I don't explore it I may have some extra time in the day), but I love that you are sharing all your findings. I adore so many of these ideas but my top ones are definitely the coffee beans for brushes (genius), wheel art (amazing for a kids bedroom), and the canoe (would never do it but just love the idea of it).

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so artistic in making those things.. I love the idea on makeup area and adding some bids orI sould add some accessories too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the canoe and the coffee beans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This English nerd can totally see the book on the wall idea making its way into her house. And those coffee beans look so pretty! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a SWEET line up of clever ideas! Totally stealing a few...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Why no links to the original posters of these images?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs