UA-22135472-1

Friday, June 10, 2011

A Painted Watch & An Award

Earlier this year I bought a white watch.  It wasn't expensive but it's fun and it goes with everything.  Almost immediately after I bought it I noticed that the colour from my jeans was coming off on the watch and turning it blue.  



I tried all kinds of cleaning products but no luck.  I was just about to abandon the idea of ever being able to wear it and then I had an idea...spray paint it.  Crazy right?  But it worked and I have a brand new looking white watch again.  I just taped off all the parts I didn't want painted.

Gave it a primer coat and then a coat of high gloss white.

And this baby looks good as new.  Spray paint, I continue to love you!

A huge thank you to my fellow Canadian blog friend Karine at Mizdragonfly blog for passing along One Lovely Blog Award.  Her blog is filled with eye candy from fashion to decor.  I think it's because she's from Quebec and we all know they have their fingers on the pulse of all things awesome.  Go check her out.

It is now my duty to pass the award along to 5 of my favourite blogs.  I thought I would keep it an all-Canadian group this time so here we go...

hodge:podge - If you don't know it you'll be in for a design treat.  Yes, she's my friend but that's not why I chose her:)
Modern Jane - I'm always amazed that blogging isn't her full time job.  It's a beautiful blog and she has a beautiful home that she features from time to time.
Prairie Perch - Such a fun and versatile blog with everything from her Top 5 lists to her weekly menu.
Lisa Roy - A Canadian blogger who is sharing all her travels as she makes Dubai her current home.  So much fun to read and travel along with her.
How to Survive Life in the Suburbs - This is a truly hilarious, ongoing account of the everyday life of a mom.  You'll love her.

Happy Friday everyone.  Have a great weekend.

20 comments:

  1. ooh I'm going to check out some of these links! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh! thanks so much for passing it along to me! I'm so flattered that you follow my little blog! It's lovely bloggers like you who leave such sweet comments that make posting fun and I appreciate it more than you know! xo

    ps: great idea with the watch! I had this happen to a light beige purse - luckily Magic Eraser took off the blue for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to check out links now - I have a white watch my total fave, something simlar happened to the colour, never would have thought of spray paint to fix - brill idea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, you never cease to amaze me! Thanks for the award, you are too sweet:) I finally spray painted those urns we bought! I guess I better take photos! I am almost finished blind #2. I am on a roll baby!

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a mini-addiction with spray paint... it just makes life so much easier!

    And Quebec is good for cheap beer, poutine and great fashion - I never understood how fashion got paired up with the first two ;)

    Have a great weekend!

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I NEVER would have thought to spray paint the watch... and I spray paint everything {really I think I am addicted}! I think I looks better glossy! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I am so happy I found yours! There is so much inspiration out there and I love how we can all share our ideas and inspiration in the blogging community! I look forward to reading your older posts this weekend!

    Tiffany {Living Savvy}

    P.S. would you like to share links {add eachother to our blog roll}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award! And thanks for your blog recommendation. Love hodge podge's blog!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats my dear, it truly is one lovely blog (c: And I'm not familiar with hardly any of these blogs! I'm always up for some new favorites, thanks for the suggestions! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Genius! Love the gloss white! Yay for you and your award! Have a great weekend!
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your award!
    I never would have thought to paint the band, what a great idea! Paint is a good thing.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I NEVER would have thought of this! Thanks so much for tagging me this award:) Love that you made it a Canadian group! I'm off to check out the other winners!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is truly no end to the number of ways we'll find to use spray paint! Thanks so much for the award. I appreciate it and look forward to visiting the other winners.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the honor! You are too kind! I am also a big fan of your blog and will definitely check out the other lovely ones mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's amazing what all you can paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not only do I love the spray painted watch idea, but the color on your nails is pretty fantastic too!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol. Of COURSE you spray painted it :) Leave it to you to find such an innovative solution.
    Congrats on your award. You are totally deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd never have had the guts to try, but now that I see it can be done, I have a bracelet that I might need to try this on. It's already scratched up, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great solution - you're so resourceful :) Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is amazing what a little spray paint can do! I honestly have to say I NEVER would have thought of it, but it turned out great! Happy weekend and congrats on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for stopping by my blog!

    i LOVE spray paint!! there are so many uses for it!! and congrats on the award! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs