UA-22135472-1

Friday, September 16, 2011

Carpet Tiles

I recently spotted this photo on Pinterest.  I was initially drawn to it because it looks like these chairs I found while thrifting a few months ago (I haven't revealed the after because sadly they're still in their before state).  The photo was really to show a funky layout that can be used for the Flor carpet tiles.  After recently ditching 2 rugs due to stains caused by red wine, dog pee, muddy footprints and ground in food I am rethinking carpet tiles.


A quick tour of Flor website and I'm convinced that this is a good option for us.  Here's a roundup of my favourite patterns.

Seams are inevitable so I'm definitely drawn to styles with pattern.

Yum!

I defy any stain to rear its ugly head on this carpet.

There are also wool options available.

I love the pattern and colour of this bright, cheery rug.

This one is already a set for you but it shows how versatile the tiles are and you can create your own funky pattern by purchasing more than one type of tile.

If you decide that carpet tiles are the way to go, do NOT forget to order extras.  The beauty of this option is that is one gets stained it can be replaced.  Love!

Have a great weekend everyone!

19 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I love how diverse they are in color and pattern. I'm going to check them out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're such a smart solution for homes where there are pets and kids. Just buy a few extras just in case... I also like that you can switch up the pattern with some of them. I'd go for a stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen carpet tiles before, but they've always had a 'commercial grade' appearance. These carpet tiles are gorgeous. They're such a practical idea. I'll definitely be checking out the website.
    Have a lovely weekend, Carol!
    ~ Wendi ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that yellow and white stripe is my fave too. I haven't looked at Flor in quite some time. It's cool to see the updates!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, huge fan. I'm using some navy and white stripes in a room I'm working on, and they're so easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since red wine stains are a reoccuring issue in our house, I'm thinking that I may follow suit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used them in my basement because we have a huge, heavy pool table that i didn't want to move to put a rug down. I was thrilled with how it came out (and we were able to cut around the table legs). They are a great choice!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  8. They've added a lot more options since I looked about a year ago. Hmmm, where to add a rug...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and practical! You've got me sold.. I didn't know there were so many great options!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing all of the designs they have now. I definitely love the concept and if you love your flooring, you can always pick it up and take it with you anywhere. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a find! With a dog now who is not doing so well and I am chasing him off my area rugs, these would be perfect. I LOVE the suzani print rug!

    Hey, did you get my email re: next week?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SUCH a great concept and beautiful too! I loved the second suzani type one...and was really loving those chairs in the third...

    ReplyDelete
  13. With 2 messy boys, I love the idea of being able to just replace the one gunked up section. Love the patterns available! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you're feeling better! And I love the options FLOR has. They used to be so boring and now they are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post! I was actually considering FLOR carpet tiles for my entryway... I had originally wanted marble (black and white tiles) but got hardwood. Well, black and white carpet tiles will help fix that- and give us some traction on the bad weather days!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just can't help it, I was really stunned with all those carpet styles. Very nice! The colors are very attractive. I love the first and last designs, looking very unique and ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you


    Designer Rugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is too cool! I haven’t ever heard of this, or seen it (that I know of). That’s pretty impressive how easy it is to install. Nice!
    carpet tiles

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is, indeed, a good idea if you’re worried about carpet cleaning. And aside from that, it will also create an inviting vibe to your room because of the beautiful pattern.

    Tami Schwartz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs