UA-22135472-1

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More Fabric Obsessions

It's very likely that a new home is in our near future.  That means sorting and organizing and packing not to mention the logistics of moving.  I should be overwhelmed with details right now but instead I spent the day sitting at the computer scouring my favourite online fabric source, Tonic Living, to look at fabrics.  Make sense right?

Here's what I'm dreaming about at this particular moment but you know it could change tomorrow.

The master bedroom has always been the last room in the house to get any love so I am declaring today that the master bedroom in our next house will be swathed in gorgeous fabric and painted before we move in.  You heard it here folks!

I'm thinking a soft gray duvet cover with a couple of shams in green and the star of the show would be some smaller pillows in this amazing floral.  The ikat would make amazing curtains.  

I can't decide whether this would be better for a guest room or my daughter's room.  I'm thinking a covered headboard in the plain green with some tufted buttons.  A duvet cover in the large floral and some amazing, full curtains in the bird and branch beauty.


Does this not say, "hello, come in here and have some fun"?  The citron geometric could be a gorgeous curtain with the stripe and floral for pillows.

I am anticipating many more hours salivating over all these wonderful fabrics.

16 comments:

  1. Okay Carol, you declared it in writing, I'm going to hold you accountable, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, these fabrics are wonderful choices. I love the combinations!!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    I hope you will join my amazing Giveaway from Interieurs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your fabric combos Carol! Gorgeous. Wonderful idea to start with the master first, I totally agree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found a house? Where? Details....

    Love all your fabric choices, we think alike as I have 3 of them in my "pile" at home :)

    Hope you have recovered from your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the family room palette. So mod and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your choices! The master bedroom will look fab with those fabrics:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty picks! That geometric citron is the exact same fabric of some curtains that Crate & Barrel makes that cost some ridiculously high amount per panel (in my opinion)...and you could definitely make your own for a lot less!

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices!! They are all fantastic, but more importantly- I love each room you're attached to the sets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very exciting and completely fine to be scoping out fabrics :) I really the bedroom fabrics that you pulled...I might need to keep that grey chipper in mind for curtains in our bedroom. I'm working on our bedroom right now too because it's the one room that I haven't really put much effort into.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're a bad influence. I think I may have told you that before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of these! Despite the overwhelming parts of moving, it is fun to plan out new spaces and give existing pieces a new home. How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting to be moving...I know most people hate to move, but for me (and I suspect you too) moving presents a new opporunity for decorating. ;) I especially love the last combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the combinations! I'm always flip flopping between very modern and romantic so love the last, but also the bird one

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabrics are my favorite way to begin planning a room. These are lovely choices. I especially like the color palatte for the guest room.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful choices...If you are anything like me, you've been keeping yourself awake at night dreaming about all the decorating possibilities in your next home :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am laughing right now bc I would be doing the same thing if I thought we were moving. I would be so excited about wanting to re-do every room in a new house that I would totally forget about packing, and more packing, and moving, and more moving. hahaha! Love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs