UA-22135472-1

Friday, October 21, 2011

For all you bloggers who are accustomed to my regular visits to your blogs you may have noticed that I've been a little absent this week. The reason is that I'm finishing my last day of the True Colour Expert Workshop taking place here in Vancouver.

The course is run by Maria Killam, Canadian colour expert and author of the blog Colour Me Happy


I've met some amazing designers, artists and homeowners who have gathered from all over North America. Check out this eclectic roundup...Newfoundland, Massachusetts , Alabama, California, Montana as well as a few BC locals.  Pretty cool, huh?


The course is all about learning how to create flow and harmony in a residential space using colour. The most invaluable tool for me this week has been learning to confidently identify the undertone of any colour you can throw at me.  Equally important to the designers in the class is that we can all explain to clients WHY we are choosing the colours we choose.

Is it an accident that I am taking this course a week before I move into a new house?  Ummm, maybe.  

Happy Friday friends.  I'll be around to visit you all this weekend.

16 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity! I'm jealous. Sounds like quite the beneficial workshop - unfortunately my color class has been a bit disappointing. Maria's workshop sounds like a much better learning experience. I've followed Maria since we bought our house too because I was looking for color advice and stumbled upon her blog. She is quite talented and I'm always amazed by her color knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would kill to go to that! I really enjoy her blog! Share with us what you learned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Who knew there was so much to color, right? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you share all of the secrets you learn in Maria's course! Would love to attend one some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a class like that! Choosing paint colors gives me the hives. When people say, "there's a lot of green in that white" I am dumbfounded. Maybe that's why I am having such a difficult time redoing our basement...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been saving up to go to one of her classes! She's really a genius. Can't wait to hear what you've learned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again, Carol. Please check out my latest post. You've just received The Versatile Blogger Award! :)
    ~ Wendi ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you. I would love to learn the whole undertone thing! Any way, now I can pick your brain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool opportunity for you! I look forward to hearing more about it when you're done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh this seems awesome!! Agree w/ Barb @HP regarding the undertones - I can tell some but that's definitely a "design secret" that would be great to know more about. Hope you enjoy it all

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were already so good at color...Now you must be on fire! Glad you enjoyed your workshop! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you like the course? Any ideas for the new house??? I took Maria's course last year, and just this summer got my hands on the colour boards - best investment, for sure! I hope your move goes well... can't wait to see what you bring to us from the wine country :-)
    xo Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent stuff from you, man I’ve read your things before and you are just too awesome. I adore what you have got right here. You make it entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart. This is truly a great blog thanks for sharing…
    It is really good, I like the response of many people who are studying about it, I want to read more about it, now I will study about it when I have more time

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an excellent post, I'd like to get more information , that's why I'm gonna read your blog frequently because it has been something special for me to acquire knowledge,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs