UA-22135472-1

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hellooooo Kelowna!

Today my daughter and I say goodbye to Vancouver and head to Kelowna for the next chapter in the book of life.  The boys will join us later in the week after the movers come and pack us up.  

My past experience tells me that once the furniture is in a bedroom the likelihood of that room being painted is seriously compromised.  So over the next few days there's going to be a whole lot of this going on.


For those of you who may be scratching your head wondering what Kelowna looks like, here is a small sampling.

Okanagan Lake is a hotbed of activity in the summer and it's massive size means there's room for everyone.



As I mentioned previously, Kelowna is part of BC's wine country so you can definitely count on some future posts on day trips to the wineries.


Biking of all varieties is right outside our new front door.


Biking season is very soon to be replaced by skiing season and there are 2 world class resorts only 1 hour from home.


While all this beauty and activity is incredibly exciting for us, the thing we're most excited about is being close to our very good friends.  We met Kris, Andy and their daughter Piper while living in Toronto over 10 years ago.  We spent a huge amount of time together and it was very hard for us all when we moved away Toronto.  Shortly after our move, they moved to Kelowna and we've spent years going on ski vacations and flying back and forth to see each other.  Our move to Vancouver meant that the travel could be in the form of a car but it was still a weekend trip.  Now we are 3 km from their home and I predict many, many hours of fun ahead with these crazy kids.  Thanks for all your help my friends!  We couldn't have done this without you.

24 comments:

  1. Wow! How exciting! I've only heard of Kelowna (its far from me, freezing my behind in Ontario!) but I've have heard only good things. Looks beautiful from the photos. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be so excited! Kelowna looks absolutely beautiful and knowing that you have such close friends there, you will love it there! Best of luck with the move and you're right - paint before your bed gets there xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol I am so happy for you and your family!!! We wish you many years of fun times, lively gatherings and exciting outings in your new abode.

    xoxo

    ps....the picture of Kris and Andy is great....I think definitely the wineries are a highlight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks GORGEOUS. Good luck with all the projects--we moved cross country just over a year ago, and I know how much WORK it all is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BC is so amazing and although I haven't been to Kelowna, I am sure it is just as fabulous. How wonderful to be so close to old friend.!

    have a good move and looking forward to seeing your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your move and getting used to your new surroundings, Carol! You're sure to love all the sunshine and the beautiful landscape!
    Can't wait to join you!
    ~ Wendi ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Kelowna is AMAZING, you are so lucky to be moving there! I ran the 1/2 marathon there a few years ago... definitely want to go back to visit more of the wineries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exciting new chapter for you, Carol! It looks like a gorgeous place to live.

    Good luck with all of the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear it is beautiful there! Best of luck on your new adventure and so fun for you to be reunited with good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your move! I can't wait to see your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful town! Happy moving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck Carol! I am so excited for you... no matter where you end up in life, there's nothing that can trump being with friends, and from the look of the things you'll be doing, does it get any better than that? I think you are very wise to tackle the painting now - why not, right? Can't wait to see what you post next!!!
    xo Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay! cheers to you guys - it looks GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed your interview!...Nice to know more about you!
    Love your new table and am looking forward to seeing how it turns out, along with the credenza painted!
    So excited you are moving to Kelowna (yeah to blog land so we can follow your career!) we spend part of the summer in Summerland and we love it there!
    Have a great move and a a wonderful start to your new home & town!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like SUCH an incredible place to live! I wish you all the best! I know you will be incredibly busy painting and moving but I awarded you the Versatile Blogger award yesterday - congrats to a fantastic blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good look with the move Carol, hope it's a smooth transition. It looks like a fantastic place to live and having good friends waiting for you will be so nice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've totally been there, In fact it's the only place in Canada I've been. It was about 10 years ago and I stayed at a great resort. Lovely city! How exciting for you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Unfortunately, I have not had the luck to visit Kelowna, but it sounds and looks like an ideal place to raise a family. Best of luck with the move and how great that you will be so near your friends again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just came across your blog! So glad I did...For sure becoming a new follower and scrolling back for more great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am thrilled for your new chapter in your life! I am going to miss you....can't wait to see you soon though! Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fantastic sounding place, like the East Bay here, wineries and snow - love that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How awesome! I love that you have a whole new house to start with!! That's such a fun step :).

    ReplyDelete
  23. So happy for you....Have fun painting! I look forward to all you do....WOW, the new town looks wonderful...I have never heard of Kelowana (sp?)....Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs