UA-22135472-1

Monday, October 10, 2011

It's Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving in Canada today although many of us host a dinner on Sunday.  Sadly, we have no family nearby so we enjoyed our celebration with our good friends who we have adopted as our family.

Given that we are moving in 2 short weeks it is not surprising that our house looks like a cardboard box exploded inside it.  This is really what I would like my house to look like when I host a Thanksgiving dinner but maybe next year.


We divided up the cooking between the 3 families and I somehow managed to get away with hosting a dinner and not having to prepare the turkey. 

My biggest hostessing nightmare came true last night and we ran out of wine...gasp!  Granted it was very late in the evening and I think it's fair to say that today we are all thankful that we did but that's a dining faux pas I do not wish to repeat, ever!

It's a perfect day for me to tell you all how truly thankful I am that you take time to stop and visit my blog and leave me your kind and supportive comments.  You make my day!


15 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Best wishes as you go about your move. Hope to see pics of your new home !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shows how much I know...I had no clue Canada has a Thanksgiving holiday.
    Hope you had a wonderful day (and as easy and stress-free an upcoming move as possible). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Better stock up on wine for next year. :) Just saw your note - seriously??? Orange granite??? I had no idea there was such a thing...I'm anxious to see it. You will make it amazing and feel free to bounce ideas off of me anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually thought of you last night when I realized the day. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the countdown begins... TWO WEEKS!!! All the best with your upcoming move Carol. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving!! Sounds like a good time...I mean, you did run out of wine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving Carol! Great company is much better than wine anyways. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving!! Sounds like you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving, Carol! You know, I bet everyone appreciated your having run out of wine when they woke up the next day!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed yourself ... running out of food is a faux pas ... running ut of wine means you were having fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I second what Layers and Layers said. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy thanksgiving! love that you didn't have to cook the turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I'm in Ontario and can't believe how incredible the weather has been:)

    Love that yuo hosted and didn't have to do the Turkey. Smart girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. It's always my favorite holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs