UA-22135472-1

Monday, October 17, 2011

Shopping in Seattle

Happy Monday everyone.  This past weekend was an adventure in cross border shopping. Can I tell you American readers how lucky you are to have access to your phenomenal outlet malls without the burden of trying to make it back home across the border with all your goodies.


We spent one night in the US because I thought it was going to make us eligible for a $200/person deduction. It was only at the border on the way home that we found out that 24 hours entitles you to $50/person deduction.  Oops!  We happily declared our $800 in purchases and were instantly sent to the room for bad boys and girls where we had to submit receipts and pay the hst on everything (our Canadian tax).  Oh well, still a deal even with that.  Here are the highlights of my shopping spree.


This is the watch my husband bought me for my upcoming birthday.  I was completely torn between this one and the white ceramic with gold highlights.  Honey, if you're reading I will happily accept the white one for a Christmas gift.


My kids needed to get in on the gift giving action as well and this is what the little darlings are giving me.

My sweet mother sent me some American money to spend on myself.  Kate Spade is one of my go-to stores at this outlet and lucky me happened to be there when they were adding an additional 30% off all purses.  I chose one that had already been marked down by 40% off so this baby came home with me.  Thanks mom!!


I'm sure that if I lived in the US that I'd have the most kick ass wardrobe but I am not convinced we'd ever have any money left over for things like food and shelter.

24 comments:

  1. Great finds! I am from seattle but now living in Singapore - I love the outlets, have to be sure to get there next time I am visiting home!

    xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank
    www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you with the birthday goodies!! Doesn't it just make you smile having a few new things?! I've been admiring that watch - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with that purse! Outlet malls are a lot of fun, sorry you had to be hassled on your way back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate Spade gets me every time too!! Food and shelter win for this American girl though. Sad. God bless the USA and our outlet malls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at shopping ;) Love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outlet malls are bad for my health (well that's what I tell myself anyway!) They just opened a Kate Spade store here, might have to drop in at lunchtime and say hi to the bags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to cross the border now too!lol! I love your purchases, my fave would have to be the watch, I've been wanting a gold one and Michael Kors would definitely do the trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get up to our outlets! The Restoration Hardware one gets me every time...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha. Sounds like a great trip...er, maybe a reason to move a little further south? Haha. Jk. Awesome deals!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great weekend. I wonder why Canada doesn't have the same group of stores? That's interesting. I do love that chunky watch too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm wearing the gold MK watch now...it's one of my FAVES! Love the white one though too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great gifts, and what a deal on the Kate Spade handbag...so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bag is FABULOUS! Love it. And I have that same watch (in gold and silver) and wear one of them everyday. They are my favorite accessory and I always get tons of compliments. You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you got some great things.. Love the glasses.I did not realize you didn't have the shopping we have. I am glad you can make day trips.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you buy all that for me!??!? I want all of it. And that watch, seriously, has been on my mind since my bday in april. Lets hope year end bonuses make it happen instead of a kitchen faucet. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a bummer! I have crossed many times spending that much in a day and haven't been charged. And then I spend $75 and they ding me. Aren't we taxed to death already?

    Love the finds:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bummer on the taxes but sounds like you have some great finds here regardless! LOVE that handbag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore Happy Birthday to me shopping days! Nice scores my friend! I recently did some investigating about what you can bring back and was shocked to discover it was ZERO in a day trip .. AND I notice they are back to making us go in again. For the longest time it seemed they didn't care. I agree though its still worth it and SO much fun :) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha! Carol, I have a Premium Outlet Mall within 20 miles of my house. It is so hard to not give in and go all the time!
    You scored some lovely gifts. Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Isn't is great to get a few new things. It makes things so special. It's a good thing there aren't any near us, otherwise I would make my husband drive there all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you really did luck out! However, I went to Vancouver for part of my honeymoon last year and thought you guys had great shopping too. The grass is always greener :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs