UA-22135472-1

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Why I Love Being a Blogger

Canadian west coast bloggers were out in full force this past weekend.  Here I told you about IDS West taking place in Vancouver between Thursday and Sunday.  I also shared my excitement about getting dressed up and hitting the town on Saturday for our cocktail party sponsored by Ikea for design bloggers.  Here's a peek at the some of the fun.

Thursday night we were treated to a private tour of the Interior Design Show by IDS West hosts Jason and Leonie.

The tour included a short visit to the Audi VIP lounge

After the tour we wandered around admiring all the fantastic design




Saturday night we descended upon the Loden Hotel for Blend 2011

We shook hands with design superstars Suzanne Dimma and Mark Challen from Canadian House and Home magazine,

We mingled and laughed,

Hung out with friends,

There were amazing door prizes donated by bloggers and corporate sponsors.  Ikea generously donated a $1,000 gift card and Delta sent a happy blogger on her way with a new faucet.  These two beauties were won by people other than myself which left me feeling a little bummed. (Tracey Ayton & Nancy Marcus)

We all went home with swag bags full of goodies

A huge thanks to our wonderful organizers Barb, Nancy, Karla and Victoria.

And thanks to Ikea for the evening full of fun.

19 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a smashing time! Everyone and everything looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! Sounds like you had a great time.
    And am I mistaken or were those Audi sponsorship signs in the back? My hubby works for Audi so I may be a little bias. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Faith. It was the Audi VIP lounge at the design show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good time. That tub is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was an amazing time! I wish I lived someplace a bit more metropolitan so I could join in the fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun stuff Carol! That design show looks amazing. Thanks for showing us some pictures of it all! I like the looks of those kitchens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun event. It is too bad you had to miss the Design Sponge signing but I can see why!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Carol, that must have been so much fun! I have to say I'm a tad bit green with envy.
    Have a lovely evening!
    ~ Wendi ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great round-up. I may have to borrow photos for my post! It was fun wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, looks fun. If you asked me a few months ago, I'd have no idea blogging offered so many opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like tons of fun!! a very well heeled crowd, and so jealous you got to meet suzanne dimma!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzas, girl! That looks like the best night out *EVER*!!! Fellow bloggers, design stuff, SWAG??? Seriously, it doesn't get any better than that...except if you had won the $1000 to Ikea...(c:

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are so many reasons to want to move to Canada. Here's one to add to the list. You guys really know how to coordinate and do it up! You'll never believe this, but I only recently discovered House and Home, and I think it has become my favorite shelter magazine. So cool to meet Suzanne Dimsa in person!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the event too! I need to get a chance yet to do a write up about it! Have a great thanksgiving Carol, hope to see you again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks so fun! Glad you had a great time...thanks for the rundown! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, looks and sounds like it was an absolute blast! And judging by your pictures of the show, there were lots great products on display. I am SO loving that log coffee table and the kitchen island with the rough wood.

    Your good feeling about Jackson was right! I still can't believe he found his way home - he's way smarter than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We timed the event perfectly, since now we have a long weekend to recover!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks like fun! Love so much of the design you showed! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my guest post on Aubrey's blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, I'm not sure how I missed this! I love being a blogger because... time flies when you're having fun! :-) And this was A LOT of FUN!!!

    xo Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs