UA-22135472-1

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Colour Progress

We did it!!  Along with the help of a workhorse of a friend we managed to get all 4 bedrooms painted before the movers arrived last weekend.  Here's a peek at what's brewing in the rooms.  Some will need much work to get to the finish line but I'm excited about where we're going. ps all paint colours referred to are Benjamin Moore.

Master Bedroom
The walls have been painted White Dove.  I thought I was going to do a gold treatment as a feature wall but things have changed because I can't find a metallic paint that I love.  The image above is not a wall paint but it's excactly what I'm craving.  So instead Blue Danube will be the feature wall along with some highlights in a metallic gold.  Has anyone used a gold paint or glaze they loved and can recommend?


Reed's Bedroom
When I asked Reed what colour he wanted his room he said purple.  While I realize that teen boys like their rooms to be cavelike I thought it might be a bit more uplifting to do White Dove on the walls.  I am waiting for the walls to cure before I go crazy with the feature wall that will include the remaining 3 colours.  If I start too soon the painters tape could peel off the white.  Phew, that should give me another week or two before tackling this monumental project.


Livy's Bedroom
After the immeasurable number of hours spent slaving in Livy's last bedroom there isn't too much I need to do here.  The walls are painted and this fabric is going to be used to make a headboard for her bed.  


Philippe's Office

Okay honey, I painted the walls.  You're done!  Years ago I bought a very large teak desk from a client and loved it.  We moved to a new house and it didn't ever find a proper home and I came very close to selling it. Now it's in this office and I can't tell you how gorgeous the teak looks against this soft blue.  Ahhh!

I promise to share some photos in the future but we're not quite there yet.

30 comments:

  1. The color palettes are beautiful! I must check out Blue Danube - my daughter is looking for a moody blue like that for her room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the bedrooms painted! Having bedrooms you can retreat to after a long day of trying to settle the rest of the house is so important and folks often leave bedrooms last so they can focus on the public rooms first ... I like the way you think! I love feature walls so I look forward to seeing those details.

    Robin
    happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful colour palettes, especially the master bedroom. I can't wait to see the big reveals.
    I hope you're enjoying Kelowna so far, Carol. Have a lovely day!
    ~ Wendi ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all the color stories here. Now I want to see that desk in the blue room! Hope your move in is going smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO can't wait to see the rooms. Your color choices are fantastic.
    It must feel so good to have the painting done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you've got going on so far. Looking forward to seeing the finished result! Don't you just love seeing the transformation that paint can do to a space, it never gets old for me:)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. High-five for finishing something!

    FYI, It is incredibly cruel of you to be withholding photos from us for this long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have been BUSY! I have been wanting to paint my small fireplace wall metallic gold (since I can't afford metallic gold grasscloth), and I saw an amazing wall on emily Henderson's blog, but it wasMartha Stewart Pure Gold, which doesn't seem to be around anymore, and I'm not in love with the other martha options. Hope you find the right one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice to have a friend to help with the painting of 4 bedrooms! Your color choices look fabulous and I look forward to each room as they evolve.

    Cathy @ Room Rx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can not wait to see these rooms! Your color choices are so crisp and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. White Dove is a long favorite of mine. I had my kitchen cabinet painted this color and LOVE it so much! All of your choices are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Must feel so good! Can't wait to see the wall treatments! And that fabric will be a gorgeous headboard! I have to admit I LOVE white dove!

    Miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see the rooms. I'm really loving the purple color story for your son's room. And love the fabric for your daughter's headboard! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - this looks amazing Carol! Can't wait to see pics.

    Congratulations on the colour course, too BTW!

    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these colour palettes! Cannot wait to see more.

    Just to let you know, I sent some BLOG LOVE your way. Check out today's post on my blog if you're game for some blogger award fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Go Carol! It must be a great feeling to enjoy some progress. Looking forward to seeing your visions come to life. I think I'm going to love your daughter's room with that gorgeous headboard - eye candy central!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you've been busy! Your colour choices are beautiful - can't wait to see it all come together :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carol, great choices! You must be a color expert :)
    I'm going to have to come back to BC to see all of your gorgeous work

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the colors you chose, looking forward to seeing the desk and blue room together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love the colors you chose for your son's room. I've been thinking of a "dawn to dusk" color palette for my living room that is similar to those colors. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all the colours you've chosen!! hope the move has been going well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love all your color combos! Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful colours :-) Looking forward to seeing what you do in your son's room - you had me at Purplicious :-) Love Blue Danube and Summer Shower too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I bet it feels so great to have the rooms painted and ready to go. So glad you didn't get rid of the desk. I want to see that!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  25. What gorgeous color palettes...can't wait to see them finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the idea of a gold paint - I was going to use a silver one on the boy's bedroom but never got around to it...

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're a woman with a plan! I can't wait to see Livy's headboard!! Love the fabric. Have a great weekend Carol! PS - Are you in town for the Dec. meetup?

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the blue with the metallic gold...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Am crazy about all your choices!...Our daughters bedroom is the same colours of your sons...except we didn't use the purple on the walls we painted a vintage dresser instead. She loves it and when I asked her if she wanted to move to her married sisters room (bigger big window) she said no I love my room....and it does look great!
    Can't wait to see all the reveals!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loving your choices Carol! Its so much better to be able to paint before moving everything in..I had a hell of a time with our home in that sense.
    Of course I also cannot wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs