Happy Monday everyone. Last week I was honoured with a Versatile Blogger award from my blog buddy Tanya at Dans Le Townhouse. I realized that in the midst of my move I had also received this award from 2 other blogging friends and I hadn't acknowledged because of my crazy schedule. Now that things are under control here I thought it was time to get on to the acknowledgments.
It's such a crazy thing, this blogging life. We spend time every day researching, writing and reading. There are very few of us who make money from our blog so to be recognized by a peer is so incredibly meaningful. Thank you to Tanya, Wendi from Classic Chic Home and Barbara from Haus Design. You're 3 of my go-to blogs so I appreciate the love:)
As a result of receiving this award, it is required that I tell you 7 things about myself that you may not know and then pass the award on to some of my favourite bloggers. Here we go...
1. 10 Rooms
2. Bijou and Boheme
3. Decor and The Dog
4. Hazardous Design
5. His & Hers
6. Interior Groupie
7. Jax Does Design
8. Strictly Simple Style
9. West Pear Avenue
10. 1/2 Kitchen
11. The Stirring Place
12. The Crafty Bee
13. High Styling
14. Happily Home After
15. The Good Grapes
A bit about me...
1. I'm seriously addicted to thai food. I dream of the vacation we will take in Thailand so I can eat the food all day long.
2. I love reading and until I found blogs I would spend many happy hours reading books on the sofa. Now that I've discovered blogs my book reading has fallen way off. Here's the book I'm currently reading and I'd be embarrassed to admit how long I've actually been reading it for...
3. Dogs vs Cats = Dogs for me. I do like cats but I'm a huge dog lover. We recently lost our fur baby and there are MANY family convos about when the next fur baby will make his/her debut and what the breed will be. This is my childhood dog and what I'm gunning for next.
4. Coffee vs. Tea = Coffee all the way for me. I have tried so many times to like tea but it just doesn't work. I need the kick in the butt from coffee.
5. Red wine vs White wine = Mostly red but I won't say no to white. I prefer a big, bold cabernet or syrah but I have definitely been known to enjoy a glass of chardonnay.
6. Skiing vs Snowboarding = Skiing for me. Last year at a weekend getaway to Whistler my son who is a snowboarder and I decided we'd switch it up for a while so I could see if I like boarding. I mustered up the courage and took off all my equipment only to find that my 12-year-old couldn't stuff his feet into my boots.
7. I am on a never ending quest for the perfect pillow. I am a stomach sleeper so I need a flat pillow. After MANY pillow purchases and returns at HomeSense and The Bay I paid a bazzilion dollars for a high end down pillow but I'm still not satisfied. It's making me crazy!!
Have an awesome day!