UA-22135472-1

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Make an Advent Calender

Last Christmas I was not a blogger (gasp!) but I did read blogs.  I came across Centsational Girl's tutorial for a Manzanita Advent Tree and made one for our home.   Of course I didn't photograph it because I wasn't blogging and really, who photographs their crafts unless they're bloggers!

The beauty of this is that it can be reused year after year with just a top up of goodies.



I decided to hang us on a Norwegian Pine tree but I'm not loving the look.  I guess I'll try to track down some branches today.  Update coming soon!


16 comments:

  1. I think this is so fun. All the fun surprises inside! I JUST finished an Advent Calendar last night! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Carol....I need to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute. I made an advent calendar this year as well. I used Muslin bags and hung them in on some bakers twine. Let the countdown begin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little boxes are so cute! I can't believe it's the first already - let the countdown begin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I love this idea!! It's such a simple idea but who would've thought to put it in your tree? What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute. Hope you are settling in nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm liking this Advent Calendar idea. It seems less time consuming than some that I'm seeing out there. I'm going to have to give it a try. My son will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea!

    And you are so right about blogging and picture taking. The world will never be the same once you start blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are those candy canes doing double duty as hangers? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I wish I could get it together to make an advent calendar! Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many things in one! Brilliant, fun, and delicious! I'm totally doing this with my daughter next year! Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!
    Kelle
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so much nicer then the little one's my girls rush to open each day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs