UA-22135472-1

Friday, February 24, 2012

Cheap & Cheerful Friday

I'm starting a new series because I thought it was a great way to actually keep me on task for all those little things I put off for.EVER! I'll be alternating between Cheap & Cheerful, which will feature inexpensive transformations and Lickety Split which will feature projects that take 2 hours or less to complete.

This chair was one I picked up last year at a thrift store for $5.  It was purchased for my daughter's room.  Brown is not the most desired colour of a 10-year-old girl so a little paint was in order.

Here's a peek at the not-so-cute original state of the chair.


This project could easily have cost me more than $5 if I didn't have a closet full of leftover paint.  I mixed up a couple of old favourites and came up with this beauty.

Speaking of new blog series, pop over to see my guest post at A Crafty Bee.  Beatrice has started a new and very exciting series called "How Do You Do It".  She will be featuring moms and bloggers and finding out their secret to keeping it all together.  Is that possible?  You'll have to stop by and find out.
Besides this series, Beatrice's blog is filled to the brim with exciting diy projects.

17 comments:

  1. Pretty color! Love that it's a custom mix! I really need to do that with some of the leftover paint around here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute chair! And, I love the color you mixed up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea for a series, Carol! I love your daughter's chair...such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bluey hue! Cute transformation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've said it before Carol, you should consider adding {thrift shopper} to your list of professional services ... they don't sell nice chairs like that around here for $5. And of course, your choice of color is perfect for the chair, keeping with the tradition of the style but modernized for a very style savvy girl. Have a great weekend.

    Robin
    happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour you mixed is perfect! Fabulous and simple makeover, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the series idea! The paint color you whipped up is so pretty. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colour you mixed, and I'm looking forward to this series. It's going to be great! Also, just popped over to A Crafty Bee - really like your perspective on 'balance'. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I'm excited about your guest post - off to check it out! Love the painted chair btw!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exciting! Glad you managed to find a chair to fit that desk! Love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable chair!! The color is super nice!! When we first moved into our house, you could tell which room the little girl's was because it was all painted in that same purply color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good idea, I have a garage full of these projects calling my name. Maybe I'll get inspired watching you : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited for this! 2 things that are in very short supply for me = money and time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm looking forward to reading these new series! Who doesn't love a (cheap and quick) before and after?

    ReplyDelete
  15. think I may need to join you in a series, that to-do list is getting longer and longer! Love the chair colour, so much fresher.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a clever idea for a series!I love your girl!What a clear girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs