UA-22135472-1

Monday, March 12, 2012

Blogger Book Club

In the days before I discovered blogs I was an avid book reader and belonged to a couple of fantastic book clubs.  The scales started to tip in favour of blogs and slowly but surely blog reading has essentially begun to hog up all my spare time.  I was super excited when I noticed that one of my favourite bloggers, Heather at Interior Groupie, started posting the books she was currently reading on her blog's sidebar which sparked several conversations between us about books.  We joked about starting a book club which is sort of funny given that we live 4,000 km from each other.  Our discussions endured and now we are happy to announce that the book club is a reality and you're invited to join.

WHO - Everyone is invited to join.  As long as you love to read, you're invited.

WHAT - We'll announce the books well in advance so you have time to get your own copy.  As we announce the books we'll also include the review date as let you know which one of us will review the book.  We really want to hear from every single one of you who is reading along with us so on review day please stop by and add your review in the comments section or to a linky party (depending on how technologically advanced we can get!) We'll also work on a facebook page to allow some conversation amongst group members.

WHERE - Each review will take place at either my blog or Interior Groupie.

WHEN - Well we're going to start right now.  The first review will take place on Monday, April 23 at Interior Groupie blog.

WHY - Because we love to read!

Here's the lineup of our first 3 books. 

Let us know if you're planning to read along with us. Feel free to grab a copy of the button from the sidebar announcing that you're one of the cool kids in the book club.


23 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I have been thinking about what book to read next and this sounds perfect! I'll be downloading the book soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I suck at follow through but I haven't read any of those books...and they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in. I'm currently in two book clubs but one has morphed into more of a social group and we hardly discuss the books. The Paris Wife was the first book I bought for my Kindle, loved it, great choice! Looking forward to discussing books with others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok! I'm going to try. I used to read a lot more too! It's so funny you should post this today. Last night my husband said to me, "you used to read books"...(as I am in bed with my iPhone reading social media and blogs) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally in. I was "following up" with Heather when she was reading Hunger Games because i wanted someone to discuss with. I already have 2 of the 3 books and after my move in 2 weeks will have time to read on my porch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun Carol. I was in a couple book clubs before I had my son. Can't wait to dive in to the first read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SUCH a great idea. The English teacher in me thanks you. I feel like a hypocrite telling my students that they must read when I myself don't make as much time as I used to, because of blogs! Unfortunately, I have to keep up with the YA books of the world during the school year, but maybe over the summer I'll join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never stop coming up with great ideas! I'm having a hard time staying on top of my magazines and books waiting in line to be read... so your book club has just become another goal for me! Not joining just yet, but hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome idea! I've heard The Paris Wife is great. I'm in two book groups right now (and barely keeping up) but maybe I'll try to convince one of them to read one of your great selections so I can join the discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to see everyone interested in this, and excited to start it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great idea. I just finished Sophie Kinsella's new book and loved it. I used to read a lot more, but between a baby, projects, blogs and life, there just isn't enough time. Will definitely check out the books you guys picked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a good idea. My unread book pile is looming...along with everything else not finished. Need a time out so I can get caught up! Curious what you think about The Paris Wife.
    Haven't heard anything yet, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi again.
    I just wanted to let your readers know that you can get The Paris Wife on Kindle at Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I join the cool kids :) I love to read! Can't wait to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this idea! Count me in! I've been wanting to read The Paris Wife anyway. Now I'll just have to make it a priority :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooo! so exciting! i am always looking for great suggestions for new books. I looooved Anita Diamant's Red Tent, so i am interested to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun idea! I used to be part of a book club a few years ago and I miss it. This might give me incentive to get back on board.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a really great idea, i will try and follow along...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many interesting idea! Book Club can give me more interest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am SO glad you are doing this! With everyone spending there days trying to tackle that to do list...I feel like we all NEED to find some time to do something relaxing and enjoy a conversation with a book and a friend. I am definitely in! I just posted a list of books on my blog for those suffering from the Hunger Game Hangover. :) Getting the books today!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in! Can't wait to read something and have people to talk about it with!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs