UA-22135472-1

Friday, March 9, 2012

Lickety Split - Framing Letters

This week's Lickety Split project is one that I've been sitting on for quite a while (now you know why I committed to a series!).  I have had these letters for a long time and in the past we had enough letters to spell Good Eats but somehow have only been left with Eat.

I had a thrift store frame with no glass and no back so it seemed like the ideal candidate for this project.  I used up some of the wallpaper left over from the Mom Cave bookcase.


Steps 
1.  Spray the letters.
2.  Cut cardboard to fit frame or if you're fancy and have a back on your frame use that.
3.  Cut wallpaper to be the same shape as the frame but larger.
4.  Wrap the wallpaper around the cardboard or the back of the frame and tape in place.
5.  Use a glue gun to attach the letters.

Time - less than 1 hour


I added the new piece to the same little corner of my dining room where I hung my gold leaf canvas.  I love how the letters pick up all the goldy/bronzy-ness of the area.  Umm, yes, bronzyness IS a word.

Have you got any Lickety Split projects planned for the weekend?

17 comments:

  1. Love how it turned out! It picks up the gold from the canvas perfectly! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first I've seen of the gold leafed canvas and I love it!! What brilliant ideas you have! I must say they have my wheels turning! My bow tie project was sort of a lickity split project. Love those fast results!
    Have a great weekend!
    Kelle
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I just saw some very large letters at Michaels and was wondering what I could do with them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a creative lady! Great project, Carol... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a neat idea. I might actually have all of the materials (including some cute little letters I bought a million years ago but never new what to do with) hanging around our apartment. Weekend project!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your letters! What a great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Looks seriously fab! I'm working on a mini project right now, that I'm hoping turns out to be lickety-split ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have leftover letters hanging around too! Project time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project! I love that you chose gold for the letters - feels so glam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks great.. gold always makes a great statement.. I have a project I'm working on this weekend but it isn't so lickity split.. might take me more than a few weekends to get done mostly because I usually have to wait for D to nap before I can get into else he wants to sit right in the middle of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun is that!!! A few months ago I ended up getting the letters EAT at Anthropologie. They obviously ended up in my kitchen ....... I'm quite pleased when I'm told to "EAT"

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great! I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Easy, inexpensive, and beautiful. Now that's my kind of project!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Bronzyness is a word! I love these small projects that cost no money and are super cute! Great job!

    PS love that wine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like I need more prompting to eat! Still, I love this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs