UA-22135472-1

Monday, March 5, 2012

Tag - You're It!

I was tagged by Jean at Flower Hill in another round of our favourite game. I know I just did this a while ago but I hope you'll indulge me again.  I really do love getting to know bloggers better when they answer the questions and in order to tag someone else I also have to answer the questions.


Here are the rules...
You must post the rules
Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you; then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged
Tag 11 people and link them in your post
Let them know you have tagged them

And now for your questions...

1.  What's your favorite non-blog related activity?

At this time of year it would definitely be skiing.  That will be over in another month or so and then we'll have weekends to ourselves again.  In the summer I like to pack a bag and spend the day at the beach but for spring and fall I really love to go downtown and wander through bookstores, coffee shops and any design related store.

2.  What's your favorite vacation spot?

That is such a hard question to answer.  My husband surprised me by taking me to Paris a few years ago so that was a hands down winner.  Now that the kids are old enough to enjoy everything with us my idea of the perfect holiday is changing.  Last year we went to Portland as a family and we really loved it there.  Thailand is next on my list although the kids are pushing for Hawaii and Disney Land.

3.  Who is your celebrity crush?

It's a tie between Dave Navarro and Johnny Depp.  


4.  Who's fashion style do you most admire?

I love Kelly Wearstler's style.  She's simple with an edge that keeps it really interesting.  

5.  What's your biggest pet peeve?

Selfish people.

6.  If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you'd do?

Oh that's easy.  I'd whisk my family and close friends away to a tropical destination for a couple of weeks of training for the good life.  We'd shop, eat, drink, spa and just generally become better acquainted with the finer things in life:)

7.  Signature cocktail?

I still love a Cosmopolitan even though Sex & The City is long gone.  


8.  If I looked in your fridge right now, what would I find?

A better question is "what WOULDN'T you find?"  My husband I did a massive shopping at Costco 2 days ago.  In our family there are 2 vegetarians and 2 carnivores, 1 soy milk drinker, 1 cow milk drinker and 1 almond milk drinker.  Two prefer fruit while the other 2 prefer vegetables so you can see how our fridge can fill up after a shopping trip. 

9.  Are you a morning or a night person?

By nature I"m definitely a night person.  Since having kids I've been forced to amend my late night ways.  Schools tend to like kids to show up on time every day:)  I actually do enjoy when I'm the first one up on the weekend and I can sit and sip my coffee in solitude.  Am I now considered a morning person?

10.  What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?

Is there a mother alive who wouldn't say her kids?  For sure it's my kids.  Today is my son's birthday and he turned 14 while my daughter turned 11 last week.  Yikes!!  They are both amazing kids in very different ways and I couldn't be more proud of them.  My son is athletic, hilarious, intelligent and always the life of the party.  My daughter is truly the sweetest and most generous little person you could meet.  She's a super creative, lover of fashion, dance and books and has a heart of gold.
My kids indulging me in my ongoing quest to find the perfect pizza (this could be it!) in Portland

11.  Reveal one thing your readers don't know about you.

Well if I play this game a few more times there will be nothing left to reveal.  I don't think I've ever talked in my blog about the fact that I formerly had a very successful career in the corporate world.  I hated every minute of it but was doing really well and would never have given it up.  While I was on maternity leave the company was taken over by IBM and I was offered another job or a package.  Guess which I chose?

So now it's my turn.  Here are my questions and the 11 bloggers that I've tagged to play along.  Be thankful I didn't listen to my husband's advice when he suggested I ask how much you weigh as well as other even more inappropriate questions:)

1.  What's the one thing you can't resist ordering when you eat at a restaurant?
2.  What's your biggest blogging accomplishment?
3.  Skinny jeans, boot cut or wide leg jeans?
4.  What's the one thing you'd like to improve on your blog?
5.  What kind of car do you drive?
6.  How many hours do you sleep at night?
7.  What one word would your best friend use to describe you?
8.  What is the architectural style of your home?
9.  Is there a blogger that you try to emulate?
10. What is the one thing you regret not having learned?
11. Do you work out regularly and if so, what is your routine?

Here are my list of bloggers that I'm tagging.



22 comments:

  1. i loe learning more about you! the corporate job thing is interesting for sure! me... um never corporate and i don't think i ever will be! it's not in my cards! if i didn't have kids i would be some sort of craft hippie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might actually remember to do this because your questions don't terrify me. :P I enjoy reading these posts so I really should get around to answering.

    Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me, Carol! I'm going to run out to the gym today so I can say I have a routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tag. These tidbits are great - the photo of your kids is too cute. I love your questions . . . I'll have to think about these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for tagging me! Your kids are adorable and who doesn't have a crush on Johnny Depp? Really enjoy getting to know you better. Will post answers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great questions and answers! I was going to tag you on Friday but remembered you had already been tagged a while ago. Love a good cosmo and I'm a night person too. Having been to Thailand this Christmas, Hawaii or Disney would be better for the kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Carol! I too enjoy a cosmo, and re-runs of Sex & the City, so may have to have one while pondering answers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fun read this morning. I am a night person as well but it's hard to change. How wonderful is that to be surprised with a trip to Paris? wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh....love your answers. Especially loved the one about your fridge!
    Thanks so much for tagging me ;) Looking forward to playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great answers Carol... I'm living the "full fridge" over here too. Gluten free, nut allergies, picky eaters, etc. Ha! I may be headed to Portland this may for a girls weekend! Let me know your top spots please!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a breath of fresh air! I love your answers and getting to know you better - I wish this virtual life had us geographically a little closer - I'd love to enjoy the odd visit with you from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading these answers! We also have 47 different kinds of milk in our fridge - whole for the kid, skim and almond milk for me, lactose-free for the husband and regular because we just had guests. I think we need our own cow. And almond-cow?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your husband SURPRISED you with a trip to PARIS?!?!? What a a lucky girl you are! Totally makes up for him asking how much we weigh, which by the way...thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love getting to know more about you Carol. Just confirms my theory that we would be great friends in real life too. Kelly Wearstler, Johnny Depp loving night owls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Johnny, YES!! Kelly, YES, YES!!! Love your picks, a gal after my own heart :D I fell in love with Kelly after interning for her during my school days...sooo much modesty and restraint..you wouldn't be able to tell that judging from her super confident designs..all hail Queen Kelly! ;D

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved reading each of your answers! Great post! Wow i wish i could be surprised with a trip to Paris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Got to know a bit more about you - awesome! I too am a night owl, hard though as I am married to a morning person. I like to stay up late and he gets up early and flicks on all the lights - argh!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're my kind of girl, Carol! Loved your answers, and think your questions for the next round of tag are excellent!
    Have a happy day!
    ~ Wendi ~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I knew most of that already I feel so lucky.

    Nice to see pics of your kids!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love getting to know ya more and more. I do hope we can go shopping and hey! Let's do spa time too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome post and pics, thanks for tagging me! I am so not a morning person, but I'm no longer a night owl either. Maybe I peak around 4pm?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello friend
    How are you Today Visit your Web Blog Page Got more Information you share Best Information my pray with you and Your Business get more success and Blessings in The name of LORD.
    thai lottery
    thailand lottery tips
    lottery tips
    pakistan bonds
    lottery

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs