As promised in yesterday's post, here are the directions for making your own little diaper tote or just a little carry all if you're not into diapers. I don't own an e-reader yet but I imagine it's probably something you could tuck in here.
1. Cut all your pieces of fabric. These are my dimensions...
2 @ 8.5" x 9.5"
2 @ 8.5" x 5"
1 @ 2" x 16"
2. Hem the top edges of the front and back. Pin the accent fabric to right side of front and back and sew.
3. To make the strap fold your long piece of fabric in half with right sides together. Sew along the sides but leave an opening in the bottom. Flip it right side out. I needed to use a chop stick for this because the fabric is so thick. Tuck the raw edges of the unfinished end inside and sew a seam across.
Trim edges so it's not too bulky when you flip right side out. Sew finished strap to the inside of the back piece.
4. Sew velcro to the strap and the front of tote.
5. Pin and sew ribbon or trim to top and bottom of each piece of accent fabric.
There was a last minute change in trim colour after discovering I didn't have any thread to match the light blue.
6. Place the 2 finished pieces together, right side facing in. Sew a 1/2" hem along the bottom and both sides.
7. To make a box corner, hold one corner and squeeze sides together. Sew a hem across it 1" from the corner. Snip the edges for a nice neat corner.
Now go forth and be stylish!