UA-22135472-1

Monday, April 23, 2012

I"ll Be Back!

You might have noticed that I've been absent a whole lot lately.  I wish I could report that I've been traveling somewhere exotic or busily engaged in a life changing new hobby.

The truth is that I've been trying to rebuild the design business after our recent move to a new city.  Being a small business owner means that every time we move I need to find new clients, trades and sources.

For any of you who blog you know how time consuming it can be.  I love that it's forced me to do all the small and large projects that I might otherwise take months or years to finish up.  I don't love that I am devoting hours each day to this non-paying pursuit while I should be focussed on my paying business. 

I have decided to take a couple of weeks to get things moving and leave the blog on the back burner.  I will be back mid May and hope to report that things are under control and I'm only a short time away from fortune and fame.

via
In the meantime, head over to Interior Groupie for our first Blogger Book Club book review.  Heather is reviewing The Paris Wife and everyone is welcome to chime in.

If you missed out on this book, get to the book store and pick up next month's read.  We will be reviewing "When God Was a Rabbit" by Sarah Winman on June 4 right here.

See you all soon!







24 comments:

  1. good luck getting your business back up and running! we'll be here when you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps your new design enterprise will also include some aspect of e-Design services? Whatever direction you decide to pursue, best wishes! {Selfishly} Looking forward to your return to blogging and sharing great ideas and projects.

    Robin @ happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You HAVE been missed!! But I wish you the best growing your business and look forward to your blog return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, definitely have missed you! And you will be missed in these next few weeks, too. I totally get the hours each day/non-paying pursuit... moving definitely has its impacts. Good luck. Will be waiting for your return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I'm sure you will have it all under control soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes taking a little time is exactly what's needed. Best of luck as you trail-blaze in your new city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to see you'll be missing for a bit but can't wait to see what you manage to "create" in your time "off"!
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your "business vacation" ! Can't wait til you're back with great news. :)
    http://paintwinerepeat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take all the time you need---we'll be here when you come back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exciting times and we anxiously await your return!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exciting! It's so hard to start over, isn't it?! Don't blame you from taking a step back to focus, I would do the same! Looking forward to seeing new projects in the future. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you the best of everything with your business! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally understand being distracted by all that a move entails. I had hoped to launch Linen Haus by now and I haven't even begun! Sigh...it will come in time. You are smart to prioritize your business - we'll be here when you return! I hope this time helps you get things well underway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! We've missed you but honestly, it's refreshing to hear that you are concentrating on getting your business together and putting the blog on the back burner. I can relate with this. I am looking forward to seeing you soon to catch up. We missed you last night as the whole crew was at the new Ikea opening. See U soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with the business Carol. With your talent I'm sure you'll be turning away business in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes you just gotta do, what you just gotta do...We'll be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you! And good luck. Wish I lived closer, I would intern for you for free {ok, maybe for a cup of coffee}

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hear ya. Good luck getting things up and running! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So excited for your news on how its going!
    Take all the time you need we will be watching for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All the best settling into your new location. Good luck with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All the very best Carol! Keep us posted on how it's going?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy to have you back again. I totally agree, I am intent on getting back to journalism but tricky finding time amid blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good idea to focus on your paying business :-) Blogging is fun and it does provide lots of incentive to get projects done. But it can also be really time-consuming, and sometimes you need to walk away for a bit to get other stuff done. Good luck with getting your business up and running in your new town - I'm sure you'll do great! :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs