UA-22135472-1

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Virtual Baby Shower

It never ceases to amaze me what you can accomplish online.  Today is a first for me.  I am participating in a virtual baby shower for Kelly and Andy from View Along The Way and their baby girl who will make her world debut in less than 2 weeks.

If you're like me and have never heard of such a thing, head over to the host blog, His & Hers where you'll find links to all the participants.  Like any baby shower there will be food, drinks, sweets and gifts.

My contribution to the shower is a gift for Kelly.  She's a super styling lady and every new mom deserves a little decadence, even if it is in the form of a diaper tote. Celerie Kemble's Bedazzle fabric seemed like the perfect choice so I pulled out the sewing machine and set to work.



This could be a perfect stand in for those days when a few diapers and wipes are all you need.



 Or carrying little stuffies.

Or maybe it's one of THOSE days.  We wouldn't hold it against you Kelly.


Wishing you all the best Kelly, Andy, Weston and baby girl.  I'm sending you all big, virtual hugs and can't wait to see photos of the little muffin once she makes her appearance.  Now go on over to His & Hers and see what other lovely things were brought to the shower.

For those of you who are interested in learning how to make your own little tote check back tomorrow when I'll post the instructions.

16 comments:

  1. that is SO cute! and i love the picture with the skyy vodka and the cute hedgie! ha ha!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I wish I had one of these when my son was still in diapers! Maybe I could just use it to carry the Sky vodka? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute project! Love the fabrics you used! It doesn't hurt that I'm imagining it as my own personal Skyy tote. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! It is a perfect size!!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh so so perfect!! Every new momma needs a stylish way to carry wipeys! And the occasional bottle of vodka ;). Super cute! Thanks so much for participating!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so so so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a brilliant idea! I live so far away from family and friends so it’s comforting to see that we can all connect with each other, no matter where we are in the world! I also can’t believe what a whiz you are with the sewing machine Carol, I’ll definitely be checking back here tomorrow for the instructions! Wishing Andy and Kelly all the best with their little one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! And I love the "grown-up" part. :)

    Looking forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol (aka supreme-highness-of-textiles) this blows me away. I'm not a parent and want one. Awesome as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and practical. I wish I had had something like this back in the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Carol, thank you for participating in this SUPER special, exciting day! This is beautiful and SO functional - I wish I'd had something like this when Weston was a baby! (It looks like the perfect place for that hedgehog to hide while he downs the entire bottle of Skyy.) And speaking of Skyy, how'd you know that's the last must-have item for a diaper bag? :) THANK YOU so much for this amazing, fun surprise! I'll be "attending" the shower on my blog soon, so make sure you stop by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vodka in a bag. You never fail to amaze me! ;) Super cute idea! Yay team baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You rocked this gift, Carol! It's so pretty AND practical.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My niece would love one of these to use for carrying her dolls/stuffies! Great job Carol. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet post! :) Never knew you could have a virtual baby shower! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the color choices on this cute tote! Can I have one even if I don't have a baby anymore? :) Perfect choice for Kelly, really the fabric is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs