UA-22135472-1

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thrift Store Bonanza

It's been a while since I've been thrifting but this week I had a good excuse.  We were invited to a party to celebrate Calgary Stampede which is taking place right now.  Costumes were required and needless to say, I don't own a cowboy item or accessory so off to the thrift store I went.

Before I even made it to the clothing section I spotted this gorgeous solid brass tray made in India.


I love the detailing on the handles.

Cut crystal gets me every time so no way could I walk out the doors without this guy coming along.

Always on the lookout for great frames I spotted this beauty.  I haven't yet decided if I'll keep the daisy painting or update the picture with a painted abstract.

This was written on the back of the painting.  Kind of makes me sad to think that Lori didn't want this anymore.


And just for the record, the thrift stores are filled with cowboy gear so I was able to bring out the inner cowgirl for one night.

14 comments:

  1. Cute cowboy outfit! Love the finds - especially that great frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I've been looking for a crystal decanter for forever! What an awesome find!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in your cowboy gear! Awesome finds - that painting makes me sad too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that brass tray!! You look great in that hat...I should get me to value village!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the crystal decanter! Your cowgirl gear is so cute... hope you had fun at the Stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find, especially the cut crystal decanter. And the cowgirl hat too, of course :-)

    Guess what? You won my Susan Bailie art giveaway! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Cowgirl, you've got it goin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like y'all scored big out thriftin'. And you sure look purdy in that hat. Y'hear! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are tooo cute in the hat!!! Good finds, that's funny about Lori :-) Too bad I'll miss you tomorrow while you are here ......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Howdy Partner--You look too cute in that hat! Love the brass tray. The daisy print makes me sad (B/C of the note). Love, love the the frame--I'm back and forth on the print. I'm not really a country girl--I probably would change it out for something fabulous. Can't wait to see your decison.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man i need to get out to a thrift store- now that i see all i could be missing! Beautiful finds :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs