UA-22135472-1

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Easiest DIY Project Ever!

Remember that cute bird cage I bought while out thrifting last week?  I won't even bother to add the link because if you scroll down just a teensy bit to the previous post you'll find it.  Well all it needed was a good cleaning and some fresh paint.  I almost feel guilty even calling this a project.  The truth is I am away and spending a week at Whistler so we're all going to agree that this is a stunning diy project, mkay?


Just in case you have forgotten, here's a before photo.  Not bad to be honest and if I were truly lazy I could have left it as it was.

I love that it's door actually opens.

What do you think?  Bird or no bird?  Does that geek it up too much?

I will still be posting while I'm away but I won't be visiting any blogs this week.  I promise to be back reading and catching up when I"m back.

18 comments:

  1. Very cute! I say no bird:) Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...great DIY. I was a Whistler last week! beautiful! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks GREAT! In my opinion, the best DIY's are always the simplest. Have a lovely time away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bird cage! I'd leave it bird less :) Have a great time in Whistler!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty bird cage! I have a bird cage lantern type thing that my husband is constantly putting fake birds in to see if I notice. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the geeky-ness of the bird. But only because it's geeky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it and i love the bird because it's not one of those fake looking birds- it's fun and eclectic and gold! it's perfect!
    i have one in my living room and i just was testing out adding a black owl for halloween.... i love the look for halloween but am lazy so it's still in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty! I am jealous, I want one now!

    I like the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I like it either way - only because the bird is gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say no bird...love the cage painted white.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cage is great! Love the bird, too... And I can't decide if it's geeking it up or not, so I'm passing on having an opinion! See you Saturday!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the glam touch of the small gold bird in the cage and given there's sort of a "woodlands" theme going on with the tree section table and the succulent plant I think the bird fits in. Of course you could reserve the golden bird for holiday decorating only and lighten up during the warm months by going sans bird. Cute either way, great architecture on that cage.

    Robin @ happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the birdie.....great restyle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the bird, tells a little story. C'mon, don't we all look inside a cage expecting to see something? I think a bird is quite suitable.... or maybe a rat. No kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Looks great and spiffied up! I think you should leave the door open and say that the bird escaped!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cage which I have seen at here is really looking very good one. I am also thinking to prepare one for my cute dove.

    Texas Yorkie Breeders

    ReplyDelete
  17. Easy but it looks great! Look so good- wish i had a bird cage :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like a antique piece.Why you Don't put Parrot inside the cage?Richmond Cleaning Service

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs