UA-22135472-1

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fast Driving to the Thrift Store

I just got a new car and you know what happens when you get a new car, right?  Well you most certainly have to drive around town and try not to get a speeding ticket in your new, fast car.  The farthest store from my house is the thrift store so it was an absolute necessity that I drive there.  I actually wasn't looking for anything but I hit the jackpot.  Isn't that always the way!

1. I can't tell you long I've been hoping to find a cute birdcage at the thrift store.
2. This is metal and quite small so it's going to be perfect for holding office supplies in my Mom Cave.
3. More storage for the Mom Cave.
4. I noticed this when a woman was holding it up admiring it.  I actually used my mind power and willed her to put it back.  It worked!  It's going to be hung in the master bedroom sometime in the next 10 years.

The lid on the birdcage comes right off and it's already received it's first coat of white paint.

14 comments:

  1. Shut up! I am looking for a light fixture just like that for J's room! Lucky duck..... great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job C! Don't ya just love when that happens? Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome chandelier! I'm happy the woman didn't buy it.. it was meant for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mind power always works!!

    It's totally true that you find more stuff thrifting when you don't have anything in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally Jedi-mindtricked someone out of that chandy. LOL That is just awesome. :) How is the car? I love me some new-car-smell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done! I love that tray especially and look forward to seeing more of the birdcage transformation. I got a new car a few months ago when we moved back to the US - I was always fiddling with some new button trying to get everything to work as I was driving - it's a miracle I didn't get in an accident! Hope all is well for you up north Carol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the term "mom cave" ;) You really did luck out at the thrift shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Good scores and way to use your mind power. I'm certainly going to have to hone my skills. I've seen some fantastic things go home with the wrong person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is one amazing birdcage, that is so special, normally you'd only find it in stores like Tales of the Yak in Berkeley....what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing finds! It's been so long since I've been thrifting - that's one thing they don't really have here in Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darn darn darn! I'm not kidding, I have been looking for a birdcage forever! I love the one that you got! Please post an update when you've placed in it's special spot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I SO have a bird cage on my radar, but so far no luck :-( I fell in love with one in a second hand store... but when I inquired, was told it was for display only. Who does that? I am working with someone right now, and have borrowed your 'Mom cave' phrase, because that's next on our list to do! She loved stealing it away from the male genre ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. holy hannah- that is a serious truck load of thrift store goodness. Those are ALL gorgeous finds, even without painting them. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs