If you read yesterday's post you know how much I love, love, love Frog Tape. You also know that I"m part of their Blog Squad and with that comes a supply of tape for our blog projects. When a box of tape arrived at my home I contemplated what needed to be done around the homestead. First up is to beautify an old filing cabinet and make it Mom Cave worthy.
1. Remove the handles and the name plate from the drawers. I found an awesome way to reuse the Frog Tape container while I worked on this. It was my storage bin during the process so that the handles and screws didn't get lost.
2. Tape off the inside of the drawers so they don't get painted. I didn't want to deal with scraping paint from files being pulled and sorted.
3. Spray your base colour and then tap your fingers impatiently as you wait for it to dry.
4. If you need a second coat, go for it. I let it dry overnight but I also used the Frog Tape for delicate surfaces just to be sure it didn't pull off any paint. I really don't like measuring so I taped the entire drawer with tape and then pulled off every second piece. I will refer to this as the Lazy Girl Striping Method.
4. Finish spraying and peel the tape off while the paint is still wet. If you let the paint dry it's possible that the paint could peel. Good tip, huh? You're welcome.
Mom Cave is getting closer and closer to completion.
This is a sponsored post brought to you by FrogTape. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.