UA-22135472-1

Monday, October 29, 2012

Rules for Traveling with a Designer Suitcase

This past weekend my daughter and I boarded a plane and went back "home" to Toronto for a few days to celebrate a milestone birthday with my mom.


Yes, I actually travel with a Louis Vuitton suitcase people but the disclaimer is that it's not mine.  I am housing this suitcase along with a bunch of other things in my storage room for a friend who generously allows me to use it when I travel.  I do have a suitcase of my own but let's be real, I take advantage of the opportunity to experience luxury anytime, anywhere.

Here are a few rules I have created for myself when traveling with Louis...

1.  Do NOT lose Louis

The last time I travelled to Toronto I took Louis.  It was midnight when I arrived at the airport due to the 3-hour time difference.  I waited at the luggage carousel until the bitter end and was finally forced to admit that Louis was missing.  After hyperventilating and panic attacks subsided I reported the loss.  The lovely agent promised me I would be reunited with Louis the following day.  Let's just say I held my breath for 24 long hours until it safely arrived at my destination.  I was calculating exactly how many hours I would have to work to replace Louis and it was not a fun calculation!!
2.  Hit the Gym Hard Prior to Travel

Louis is a heavy brute.  There is no doubt that this guy is well constructed and uses some kick ass canvas and leather.  It's definitely heavier than a regular suitcase but you can still pack loads of crap in there.  The workouts are for zipping and unzipping Louis.  You need to be on your A-game to open and close this guy.  The giant metal teeth fit together so snugly and securely that I have no doubt that anyone thinking they might take a look inside will give up in frustration.

3.  Hire a Wardrobe Consultant
Louis is a looker and he has a particular way about himself.  Don't try to upstage him and don't wear clothes that clash and make him look cheap and all back-alley fake.  Have some respect for crying out loud!

That's about all there is to traveling with a high roller like Louis.  I like to enjoy my small moments of luxury and my glimpses into the way the fancy folk live.

I'll be in Toronto all week so I won't be doing too much blog reading but I'll be back to catch up soon.

11 comments:

  1. Too funny, Carol! I hope you had a great visit with your mom!
    ~ Wendi ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Have a fabulous time and visit with your Mum! Stay safe Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah too funny. Try to enjoy your time in TO - despite the awful rain we'll have to welcome you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post had me laughing. One other thought on the weight thing...I guess most people who have LV luggage aren't carrying their own bags, so they probably don't care how much it weighs! Hope you had a great trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to experience traveling with Louis, but I see it can be a challenge! Have a wonderful week, and happy birthday to your mom. Have fun with your daughter, too- those are special times.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh have fun Carol!!! Where was Louis when I needed him in France !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your funny story with us. I think, luggage is one of the important things for short or long travel. Traveler can use different types of luggage. Some of them are - Rimowa Salsa Deluxe, Hardside Luggage and Suitcases, Lightweight luggage, Hartmann Tweed, wheel luggage and many more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs