UA-22135472-1

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Liquid Gilding a Frame

We've all been going crazy with our Rub 'n Buff recently, right?  Come on, you know who you are.  That little tube of magic has been turning everything in our homes gold, brass and copper.  Well I think I may have found something even better.  I know, I know.  It's an impossibility you think.

It's Martha Stewart Liquid Gilding.
It goes on with a soft brush and is just like paint except maybe a bit thinner.  There were brush marks on the first coat but nothing after the second.  It's stinky so make sure you work in a ventilated area and you need to clean up with mineral spirits.

 A little pot of gold.


13 comments:

  1. Getting some! Thanks for sharing:) I'm also jealous that you have that print. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't jumped on the Rub 'n Buff bandwagon so maybe I'll go straight to the hardcore Martha stuff. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom wants some new gold frames, and I'm having a hard time finding any at a reasonable price. Thanks for providing me with the perfect solution, Carol!
    ~ Wendi ~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rub & Buff and me = strained relationship with long silences, so Martha might just be my exit strategy to brighter, shinier, lovlier things! Thanks for this tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I might need to go get that right now. I have a project I'm working on that needs gold. Thanks for sharing Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It, along with that print, work so well together!!! Thanks for the introduction to gilding paint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Carol! I have a little jar of gilding paint from Annie Sloan that I have not used yet. You might have just given me a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'll try it! Does it work on any surface?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does it come in silver? I have been eyeing extremely expensive frames at Chapters that have silver gilding around the edges and I was hoping to create something similar, myself. Thanks for the intro to this stuff, because now I can. Can I get it at Michaels?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently used this product to create bird art and loved how it went on and the final color is dried to. Your frames look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love liquid gilding. My mom used to do that to all her frames. I think that's where my love of gold frames come from!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs