UA-22135472-1

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Move Over Dragon, There's a Peacock in Town

Well Schumacher has done it again with their new fabric sensation Shanghai Peacock.  It might just be the end of an era for last year's "must have" Chiang Mai Dragon fabric that stole our fabric loving hearts.
Cerise - I predict this to be the "go to" colourway

Brass

Cinnabar

Here's last year's beauty queen.  Enter the Dragon...

Not completely dissimilar right?  At first I thought "what's the big deal?  It's the same thing as their dragon". But that's actually brilliant.  We're not sick of the dragon but they are required to come out with something new so that all of us fabric obsessed can get a new fix.   

Last year I made a pillow using Chiang Mai Dragon and I still love it. 

According to the Chinese Zodiac calender it's the Year of the Dragon but my prediction is that it's about to become the Year of the Peacock.

BOOK CLUB-DECEMBER SELECTION

Now that summer is long gone, it's time to snuggle up under a blanket and get back to reading.  Heather at Interior Groupie and I are excited to bring the next selection for Bloggers Book Club.  Drumroll please.  We will be reading Long Way Down by Nick Hornsby.  We'll be reviewing it on December 17 so you've got plenty of time to get reading.  So go on, get reading.

9 comments:

  1. Love the ceris ...... sounds like a colorful year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ceris is my favorite, and I love anything peacock, so I'm dying to see where this fabric goes! Will it be the same hit that the Chiang Mai Dragon was/is? I have a hunch it will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous fabrics - have not seen that before. Can't decide which I love the best - the brown or cerise. Love Nick Hornby - must get his latest. Have just had a reading marathon of all his Brit contemporaries, NW (Zadie Smith) and Martin Amis' very disturbing latest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I like the Cinnabar! Darn you, Schumacher with your expensive, beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling the Cerise and Cinnabar, but not the Brass. Peacocks are just not meant to be olive-brown, that's strictly for pheasants! Thanks for keeping us ahead of the trends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pillows! I don't know if I'll ever tire of the dragon, but the peacock is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Schumacher fabrics and the dragon, but the peacock I suppose is a fabulous new take! smart marketing!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that first colorway. Awesome!! I think it may even work in my house. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs