UA-22135472-1

Monday, December 3, 2012

Bottle Brush Trees, A Song & A Tip

Happy Monday!!  Who's ready for a new week?  No, me neither.

I bought some bottle brush trees for Christmas over 10 years ago and loved them but was nearly ready to ditch them this year 'cause they were looking a little bo-ring.  That is until I spotted a photo of several of them sitting inside vintage silver dishes.  Just so happens I have a stash and they give the bottle brush trees a whole new look.  They're perfect grouped together and the silver elevates them to a new and glamorous look.  The thrift stores are always loaded with silver bowls.  If you want some other great ideas for how to display bottle brush trees check out Wendi's post at Classic Chic Home.


Speaking of thrift stores, I had to share this hilarious song called Thrift Shop.  There is some explicit language so if you're easily offended you might want to skip it.  But I wouldn't because really, when are you ever going to hear another song with the lyrics, "I wear your granddad's clothes.  I look incredible."  I think never!



Lastly, here's an amazing tip for how to store your Christmas ornaments after the holidays.  This definitely falls into the "why didn't I think of that" category.  Click on the name to take you to the full tutorial.

12 comments:

  1. I love your bottle brush trees! Good thing you didn't toss them - I saw a great pic of 3 grouped under a belle jar. Love the song and what a brilliant ornament storage idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your trees!!! the look so great in the trophy cups! and what a fabulous idea for storage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bottle brush trees and even dedicated a post on ways to dispay them! I bet you're glad you didn't get rid of yours!
    Have a happy Monday, Carol!
    ~ Wendi ~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwhahahaha! Love the video...and the bottle brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying at the video. I like you more now for your questionable music taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bottle brush trees are stunning in those silver bowls! Now I want some :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! "Passin' up the mocassins..." Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent on all counts! The trees look so posh in the silver pieces, love the storage idea -why didn't I think of that? ;-) - and the thrifting video! Where did you find 'that' OMG! :-) Hubs is singing it now, no seriously apparently he's got $20 in his pocket... and, well, you know how the rest goes! But, he is NOT getting the velcro!!! No way, nuh-uh, no velcro allowed! That was brilliant - still killing myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband was just telling me about that song yesterday...and he was trying to sing it for me. Finally he downloaded it, and I have to admit...it's pretty darn funny! See, thrifting is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's funny, I have been looking to get some of those bottle neck trees or one tree because I wanted to use it in a photoshoot. I think silver bowls are like icing on the cake. It just finishes it beautifully. Off to watch the snippet and the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! That video is hilarious and somehow we can all relate! (Is that bad?) ;) That's me hopping through the chair section!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! Definitely NOT a video for when the kidlets are around! ahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs