UA-22135472-1

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Make a Liner for your Plain, White, Boring Envelopes

Since it's Christmas I thought I better get into the spirit of things.  It's time to mail the cards but before they get dropped in the mailbox they need a little facelift.  Boring, white envelopes just won't do.  Making a liner for your envelope is easy and adds a whole lot of fun.

My daughter's school had all the kids make their own cards.  They drew the picture and then had them printed into cards.

Need to fix these envelopes pronto!

Supplies Needed:
 - decorative paper
 - cutting mat
 - exacto knife
 - ruler
 - double sided tape

Measure your envelope and cut the paper to fit.  You don't need to go all the way down to the bottom of the envelope.  Just enough so that when it's empty you can still see the paper.

Attach the double sided tape and stick in place.

Fold on the envelope's crease line.

If you're feeling super duper fancy you can add some washi tape to the outside so it's pretty both inside and out.

Down with white envelopes.  Let's start a revolution.

18 comments:

  1. So pretty! Thanks for sharing Carol. I always love fun envelopes, they are like that perfect accessory on an outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty. I didn't realize how easy it was!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Carol!
    We crafted some lovely envelope liners a while back at the paper studio where I work. They're a wonderful way to make cards extra special this time of year.

    Here's a link to the post on the envelope liners we created...
    https://www.kateandbirdie.com/2012/11/make-it-envelope-liners/

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, how cool is that to have Olivia's artwork printed onto cards? Not to mention her artwork is awesome - must have some of her momma's uber creative talents! And second, a double WOW on the envelopes! What a huge impact... a keepsake package, inside and out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on board with this revolution. Those envelopes look like they cost a million bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I'm all about the little details this year. Do you know the best way to print your own address labels?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a little happy surprise inside an envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Just makes the card even more special. Did Olivia draw those birches? She's good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn it! I just put my cards in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo! Where did you get that washi tape? I'm a washi addict, and have not seen the green chevronesque one! Pretty envelope liners!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gee, someone has time on their hands ;) Sorry I will miss seeing you today. I am not coming to V's. I am fighting a cold and feel crummy, don't feel like socializing. And just want to spend time with the fam jam today! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an inspired idea!! (and a sweet suprise for the person who receives your cards)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty pretty pretty, lovely idea (and your daughter's card is so gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, what a gorgeous little surprise inside! I wish I'd seen your post before I stuffed and sealed all my Christmas card envelopes. Maybe next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such a smarty pants. Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look amazing! I NEVER would have thought to do this, you're such a genius!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs