UA-22135472-1

Monday, February 4, 2013

Bentwood Chair, Take Two

Just when I thought I was finished with the Bentwood chairs they required another bit of tweaking so here they are again.

Remember when they got a makeover with chalk paint?

I did say that they were going to be paired up with my tulip table but we have a little dining room emergency.  I sold our dining chairs recently but can't find a great substitute so in the meantime the Bentwoods will stand in.  It turns out that the arms don't play nice with the apron on my table so I needed to remove the arms.  The arms now hang in my garage and will be reattached when I find new dining chairs and they can go back to tulip table.


My poor family can now resume eating at the table on "proper" chairs as opposed to the mishmash of too-low or too-high chairs we had previously been using.

15 comments:

  1. I think they are cute without the arms! Great chairs, in general!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW!!! i absolutely LOVE them with the table and the navy seats!!! i want to come over for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cute! I actually like them better this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fancy! Find me some dining room chairs while you are at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look amazing!!! love them without the arms!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love 'em without the arms--they look charming. The navy seats really pop!

      Delete
  6. With or without the arms, they look great! Do you know what you want for the dining room table in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness...you smarty pants! Love them! such inspiration for those that fear DIY! Love the seats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those totally work without the arms! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love 'em with arms and I love 'em without.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look really sleek now and you've got to do what's practical. One of my friends bought chairs too high for a breakfast bar and the arms scrape every time you move. They are already battered

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the without the arms too. Looking splendid in white!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look great without arms! {Gosh, that seems weird saying that.} ;) I do like them both ways, but it's sure a smart fix in the interim.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look so nice with your table and are so cute even without the arms. We had a problem with the skirt on our farmhouse table and our Louis chairs and after trying to live with it for 15 years, yes, 15 years, we finally sold it and bought our new table without a skirt. It should work well with the Louis chairs we have in storage whenever we get back to Canada. I guess you just never know when you mix and match pieces just how well they'll marry together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs