UA-22135472-1

Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Hollywood Regency Bedroom

Happy Monday everyone.  Here in BC it's Family Day which means that I'm enjoying an extra day hanging out with the family.

I've got a big project underway right now and it's all because of my awesome and inspiring friend Sheila.   Her and I have been commiserating over all the projects that we need to complete and decided that we'd motivate each other by providing that little shove that's needed to get things done.  Is there anything that gets you ramped up like a friendly little challenge.  

Our master bedroom is ALWAYS the last room in the house to get a makeover and this time is no exception.  We've been here for over a year and our bedroom is sad.  Really, really sad.  But not anymore.  I'm inspired to create a Hollywood Regency style bedroom that feels grown up and luxe but calm and serene at the same time.  Here's what's brewing.

Mirror  Black Night Stand  Headboard  Pillow  Bench  Duvet Cover  Light Fixture  Art

I'll be keeping you posted with updates and diy projects but I'm determined to be finished by the end of March.  Now that's a challenge and I've said it out loud.

15 comments:

  1. I'm loving your plan! I have a chair the same shape as the leopard one in storage except it's brown wood with leather - seeing that leopard version gets me excited to give it a facelift someday. Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, exciting stuff! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh. I can't wait to see the "after" pictures! Hollywood Regency sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love {and covet} each and every element on your board ... hope you have some DIY's in there so I can incorporate an element too ... I've been thinking about overlay's for my nightstand and some DIY ribbon tape pillows, looks like you might be as well. Happy family day Carol ... what a great holiday concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And so it's all coming together! I love where you're going with this, and can so see your fingerprints all over the plan ;-) The leopard chair is so much fun - perfect in fact! I have my first DIY taking shape, but need to get a toxic chemical (gasp) to make it work! Off to find the jug with the skull & crossbones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wait ....... holding my breath until then. HURRY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh. I'm so excited that you're doing your room in this style. I've been pinning Hollywood Regency ideas for my bedroom so it'll be fun to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your choices and can't wait to see it all come together. Good idea teaming up to motivate each other. I could use a little accountability when it comes to finishing rooms in my house too. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol, you deserve a complete master bedroom design! I love your choices, and that bedding. I wish you fun with this project and good luck on your deadline.. I'm going to check back on you!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the idea of Hollywood Regency in a bedroom, drama beauty etc and a place where you can feel free to be a diva. Never knew about this style until I went down to LA and saw all the glittery goodness in stores there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're going on five years with a tragic master, so if you finish this by March, I'm in for some serious self-loathing. :) (But it'll be gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wondering if you posted pictures of the "After?" I love this post and can't find the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs