UA-22135472-1

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Coral Lamps DO Exist!

So I had this awesome idea that a coral lamp would be the best thing ever for my daughter's bedroom.  Okay, let's do it.  Yeah, about that. Apparently they don't sell coral lamps, or at least not where I live. You know where this is going, right? It's DIY time!!

I really don't dislike this lamp but the colour just wasn't working in her bedroom. If you love, love, love this lamp then please look away 'cause you're not going to like what I did.


It doesn't get any easier than this.  Tape for protecting the parts you don't want to be coral and the paint. It's my first time using Design Master but I am in love. If you like flat or matte paint in the most amazing spectrum of colours then you'll love this.


Use your tape to protect all the bits and pieces you don't want to paint.


And then fire away. After acquiring the most beautiful colour for a base the next question is what kind of shade deserves to be seen with this baby. I tried out a few and nothing worked for me. A trip to the dollar store and these cute little daisies convinced me to go for another DIY project.


Come back on Wednesday for the lampshade reveal.

This is a sponsored post brought to you by FrogTape. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.

12 comments:

  1. Love how it turned out. I've never thought of painting a lamp base before. You've opened up a new world of possibilities for me. Thank you for this wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, what a pretty color! The lampshade suspense is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous. I love, love, love the coral shade you picked. Lucky daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the coral ....... Question for ya ..... do you need to prime the lamp base or anything before hand?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a pretty shade of coral!

    Kelly @ View Along the Way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the coral in the matte. Did you have to prime the base first?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty color. I have a lamp I want to paint once it warms up a bit more here (that is when the snow stops)! Did that paint go on evenly? And like everyone else is asking, did you prime first?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far, so cute! Can't wait to see the full-on reveal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea that you share here and I hope there is a fresh idea that can be shared in the future
    If later there was a chance I would like to exchange thoughts with you
    Thank you very much for sharing interesting things here
    obat pembesar vimax contoh vimax original distributor vimax original ciri vimax palsu

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.
    koglenlampe.dk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs