UA-22135472-1

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Create an Ombre Canvas

How much do you love ombre?  Hair, painted furniture, cakes.  It's everywhere and I love it all.  Well obviously if I love it then I must create it, right?



All you need are a few inexpensive bottles of acrylic paint, a canvas, brush and something flat to mix colours.  All 4 of these acrylics cost me a grand total of $4.

Start with a bit of the original colour in a small container.  Paint your first (or last, depending on whether you want to ombre from dark to light or light to dark) letter.  Add a bit of white to the container, mix and paint your next letter.  Take a bit of that colour and add it to your paint palette in case you need to touch up the letters.  Continue adding white and painting your letters.

Work quickly because acrylic dries fast.


Are you on the ombre bandwagon?

10 comments:

  1. So cute! I like ombre, although I'm not a fan of ombre hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Carol. Ombre is so beautiful. I think it must remind me of the 70's, which was my fave decade!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like ombre too but haven't made anything yet... I do love your sign Carol - looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything "text" so this is very cool to me and the colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was really an impressive work. I also want to try making that canvas and decorate on my room. Anyway thanks for the idea. If you are also looking for TV stand to set up your home theater, I recommend http://www.tvstands2go.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ombre. The pink is gorgeous! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! I actually read this the other day, but on my phone - you know me and my phone! Anyway, just wanted to say, the message couldn't have come at a better time. Life is beautiful, and some days you just need a little reminder - it was one of those days! I hope you have a great weekend! Ours will be a bit crazy, but... life is beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Nice blog... thanks for sharing with us..

    Buy Fabrics Online"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs