UA-22135472-1

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Patch Your Toms

We all love our Toms, right?  I actually have a love/hate relationship with these shoes.  I own a pair but rarely wear them because they make me feel like I'm out in public wearing my slippers.

My daughter, on the other hand, lives in hers. So much so that she popped a hole in the toe which I imagine in a common problem.  At $70/pair we aren't throwing them out until she outgrows them (which will be about 5 minutes).  I pulled out the old needle and thread and made a patch that should last until they are too small.


BEFORE - Believe me, the closeup shot makes them look much worse than they really are dirtwise.

Not much explaining required.  I used a denim fabric with stars and just cut the star.  If your fabric doesn't have a shape already embroidered like this just make sure it's a thick enough fabric that the ends won't fray.
An alternative to sewing would be fabric glue.  That's what I intended to do but mine had dried up so sewing is the next best thing.  Either option is perfect and will earn you a bit more time in the beloved slippers, um I mean shoes.

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I have my TOMs and they had a hole too... argh! I only wear my Toms with skinny jeans or capris, otherwise, yes, they look like slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got into TOMs but I see these poor souls with holes in them all the time. I think you're onto something. The star rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I agree that they look like slippers but can you believe that I have 6 pairs?? I find myself living in them here - perfect when you've had enough of flip-flops but don't want to wear heavy shoes/socks with the heat. No holes in mine but probably because they're in constant rotation. They don't sell them here so I always pick up a new pair whenever I'm back in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! My daughter's Toms have holes now too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love my Toms. I bought two last summer at the recommendation of my hairstylist and used them in Disneyland where there was a ton of walking. They worked out great. I didn't realize they would get holy. Love the patch idea. So cute for your dtr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah, this is awesome, gotta try it! Was about to throw a pair of Toms out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs